Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 will not connect to internet thru Google WiFi 6 router

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rimshot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Previous Config that was working:      2 - Arlo Pro 2 cameras, one base station single led, TP-Link Archer C7 WiFi router (connected to cable modem and Spectrum network), base station plugged into router ethernet port, all working well.    New Config:  dumped Spectrum and switched to Google Fiber using their WiFi 6 Router.  Insured latest Arlo app on iPhone.   Base station offline.   Deleted base station from device list (along with 2 cameras).   Plugged same ethernet cable from previous router into Google router and base station.  Connected base station power cord, single led now solid blue.   In Arlo app, added new device (base station).  App found base station.  App tried to find new firmware but failed.  App now reports base station offline.   Single led on base station light display as follows.

Single led light -  flashes amber 5 or 6 times, then stays solid amber for about 15 seconds, then solid blue for about 25 seconds, then back to amber flashing

I’ve power recycled based station and router.   Router works fine for all other 23 devices attached wirelessly.  I’ve reset base station.  I’ve plugged a computer in the Router ethernet port and interenet is available and working normally on the computer.  Running out of ideas and data on the internet to fix.   Any feedback welcomed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rimshot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Case solved.  Finally got the solid blue light to stay on after resetting.  Not sure what I did but I was trying different power supplies but ended up with the original power supply.  I may not have waited long enough before for the solid amber light to turn blue.   I still had problems with the app finding the base until I pressed the sync button a few times on the back of the base.  Cameras synced fine with the base after that.   Thanks for your help and support !

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When resetting the base, did you hold the button for at least 15 seconds? Since you reset after successfully adding it to your account, you also need to remove it before trying to connect again.

Also, the flashing amber LED means connection to a camera is problematic. 

Rimshot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Reset is thru a pin hole.  I held the reset for 20 seconds.  I took out the batteries of both Pro 2 cameras.  No luck.  Interesting that I can just plug in the base station without connecting the ethernet cable to the router and the same led light sequence occurs.  Now wondering if my base station went bad.  I did try a different power outlet but same behavior

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could well be a faulty base but you didn't mention whether you removed all devices from your account before trying to add things back in as if new. Once the base is reset you must do that also.

Rimshot
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removedq the base and 2 cameras from the account on the app.  I have another base and 2 cameras on the app at another location in another city.  I hope you do not mean I should remove them as well. If so, I”m not sure I want to do that…

When I reset the base, nothing happened .  The light sequence on the single led was the same as described earlier.

Lastly, I read on another community posting that others were having trouble using their base and or cameras on a fiber  based system / router and a firmware fix was needed to fix the issue, which evidently happened.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Removing one location's devices doesn't affect the other. If you want, just remove the cameras and base in the affected location, leaving the other alone.

After resetting the base, the LED should become solid blue so it sounds like a faulty base. If still within the warranty period you may be able to get an RMA for it.

I don't recall an issue with systems connected through fiber but mesh systems do have issues. Perhaps that's what you saw?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I don't recall an issue with systems connected through fiber but mesh systems do have issues. Perhaps that's what you saw?

I've had fiber for years, and haven't run into connectivity issues.

FWIW, I've also had mesh routers (Orbi in my case).  But I don't have experience with the Google mesh.

Rimshot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Case solved.  Finally got the solid blue light to stay on after resetting.  Not sure what I did but I was trying different power supplies but ended up with the original power supply.  I may not have waited long enough before for the solid amber light to turn blue.   I still had problems with the app finding the base until I pressed the sync button a few times on the back of the base.  Cameras synced fine with the base after that.   Thanks for your help and support !

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation