Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Lost 7 days free cloud storage when adding a new camera to an Arlo Pro 2 system.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Daggers
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

We've had 3 Arlo Pro 2 cameras and base station for several years, and recently added a wireless Essential doorbell camera.  We've enjoyed the 7 days cloud storage that came with the Pro 2s, but now the free subscription that came with the doorbell cam has expired, we appear to have lost the 7 days storage and the library is empty.  Has anyone else experienced this loss and is there anyway to recover the 7 days free storage without having to buy yet another subscription...?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro 2 cameras retain the 7 day recordings - have you tested recording yourself to ensure it's (not) working? The doorbell requires a subscription (a single camera one is sufficient) for cloud recordings since the trial has expired.

menuki
Guide
Guide

We've got the same issue, which is why I found your post. Not found a fix yet, but the official Arlo line seems to be that the Pro 2 storage should still happen.

menuki
Guide
Guide

I've tried this. It doesn't record.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@menuki wrote:

I've tried this. It doesn't record.

No idea what you've tried.

The 7-day free cloud storage is limited to 5 unsubscribed cameras per account.  So first confirm you are under that limit.

It is also good to confirm the camera model.  If the cameras open, then you can remove the camera from the housing and then remove the battery.  You'll find a label inside that will give you the model info.  The original Arlo Wirefree (4 batteries inside), the Pro, and the Pro 2 are among the legacy models that have 7-day free cloud storage.

Then try livestreaming the cameras and see if you can make a manual recording while livestreaming.

menuki
Guide
Guide

I clicked reply under jguerdat's "have you tested recording yourself to ensure it's (not) working" message and expected it to thread my 2 replies like other forums I use. Manual recording also doesn't save to the cloud. I have 4 unsubscribed-should-get-7-days-free cameras, which I've had for years without this issue, and a new Pro 3, which should now require a subscription (OP states similar, but new device is a doorbell). That's within the limit.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@menuki wrote:

I have 4 unsubscribed-should-get-7-days-free cameras, which I've had for years without this issue, and a new Pro 3, which should now require a subscription. That's within the limit.

Correct.

@menuki wrote:

Manual recording also doesn't save to the cloud.

Odd, because manual recording only goes to to the cloud.  The control shouldn't show up at all when livestreaming a Pro 3 which doesn't have a subscription.

Have you tried restarting the base?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation