Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
dougandersontx
Apprentice
Apprentice

If your arlo pro 2 goes offline while you are not home, there is nothing you can do to fix it. My suggestion would be don't buy any more arlo products if you can't monitor your home due to a short power outage.

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master

I understand everything you say say and I would agree with your recommendation.

For those that have stuck with it, there are workarounds to be able to get it functional again. One is to have a dc ups on the base and the modem router to cover power outage and a smart switch to power cycle the base station remotely. Unfortunately your stuck with the camera’s battery power cycle required to be locally done unless you have removed the battery and running on ups and power cycled with another smart switch.

Yes it would be simpler to install wires cameras.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

My system comes back to life after power cuts.

But there is a wrinkle. It depends on the network itself coming back up. The Arlo system will go nowhere if the network cannot reestablish an Internet connection.

In my case, I had to replace a modem/router (Netgear D6400) that I ran in modem only mode because it took so long to boot and reconnect that the rest of the network, especially the router (R7800), got fed up with waiting and timed out. When I replaced the modem router with a modem only (DM200) device the problem went away. Power cuts, all too common here, certainly drop the Arlo network, but now it comes up again when the power restores itself.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@dougandersontx wrote:
If your arlo pro 2 goes offline while you are not home, there is nothing you can do to fix it. My suggestion would be don't buy any more arlo products if you can't monitor your home due to a short power outage.

to be clear, was it the base or cameras that went offline?

If the cameras from power failure to the base, then a ups is recommended for the base/router... it would be nice to have a small battery backup in the base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation