Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 vmb 4000 base station cannot be re-started remotely .

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
dougandersontx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Technical support told me it was impossible to turn my Arlo pro 2 base station back on from a remote location if a temporary power outage occurs. Arlo does not have the technology to solve this problem. If your system goes down while you're out of town, too bad, you will have to wait till you get home even if it is two or more weeks.  I just got back home and was able to turn my system back on. Luckily, nothing happened that I know of while out of town. Good luck.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Either get a WEMO wifi outlet that you can toggle off then on ( if your wifi is up )

OR

Use a UPS on the base unit to keep it powered during outages.

Usu the issue is short power outages that also effect your modem and router... if they don't come up fast enough, the base can not come back online and sits in an offline state.

With a ups on my base and router, don't remember having a stuck base for a couple of yrs now.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@TomMac wrote:

Usu the issue is short power outages that also effect your modem and router... if they don't come up fast enough, the base can not come back online and sits in an offline state.

Yup. If the modem/router comes up too slowly, the Internet will not be there when the base station looks for it.

I found that when I put my modem/router into modem-only mode it was much too slow and was not on-line in time for the router to connect. That left the whole home network down.

Replacing the  modem/router with a modem only device fixed that one.

The base station is not the determining factor.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation