Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Jmal91
Aspirant
Aspirant
So my biggest question is I am currently running three total cameras from Arlo including to originals and then one Arlo pro 2 that's on 24/7 CVR. Overall functionality is pretty decent when I open the app everything turns on 99% of time so can't complain over all about that. But my biggest biggest problem is all three of my cameras are very laggy and I'm starting to get a lot of ghost imagery. But all three of my cameras have over two bars or three. And then I have really really really good Wi-Fi and internet. And my cameras aren't that far from the base station the farthest camera from the base station is probably less than 18 ft away but I run to original Arlo base stations. West 145 megabytes per second internet speed. Which I check my internet speed and Wi-Fi connection to all the time and they're all perfect but my camera still runs very very slow in the picture quality is really poor compared to my Argus pro. I truly believe it's a camera issue because my reolink camera is the farthest one away from my router and it's almost instant with no lag at all in picture quality is perfect. If someone can help me try to figure this out I would greatly appreciate it thank you.
my last question would be is it worth it for me to upgrade one of the base stations to the Arlo pro base station? Because I was considering getting the Arlo pro base station just to run my Arlo pro 2 camera and then leave the other two on the original Arlo base stations might be a little Overkill but I'm trying to get fast quality video with no lag
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't guarantee it will work, but the 4000 base does have a faster processor and a bit more memory...

lag can be attributed to more than one reason.

Split into multi bases is a plus for me as it allows multi schedules and more cameras streaming at the same time ( splitting the cameras into groups via separate base ).

It also is the only way to truly expand coverage area.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jmal91
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought another Pro 2 with a base station. Well see how it works.
My upload speed is almost 12 mbps and download is over 61mbps. With a 200$ router and very expensive WiFi extender's. So I can almost guarantee it's not my internet. Thanks
Dannybear
Master
Master
Does your router have 5Ghz wifi capability?
If so move as many of your smart devices across to it including mobiles to free up the 2.4Ghz wifi for the base and cameras.
Hope this helps.
Jmal91
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation