Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Timmy406
Tutor
Tutor

Hi.

My Arlo Pro 2  cameras are slowing down the WiFi.  I have tested this by unplugging from the router.  When Arlo is unplugged my WiFi speeds go way up.  But then When I plug Arlo back in the WiFi spends drop way down.  What can be done about this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Timmy406
Tutor
Tutor

After I got the Cable company/Internet to come out to my house on the fourth time. They rewired all of the cable, for the internet.  The speeds where back up to 80-105 mbps.  I have not had a problem since that time.  It took a lot of fighting with the cable Company, they wanted to blame Arlo for the slow speeds.

I feel that the internet was going slow, Arlo takes a lot of the band with so it slows it down more.  So when you unplug Arlo from your router you see the speed go back up.  

So with the new cable lines it made it run faster.  

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try moving the base away from the router to prevent interference. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Could it be a channels issue?

My hub has no problems at by a router.

Does the hub glom on to the same wifi bands as the router?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Timmy406
Tutor
Tutor

Michaelkenward I have changed the channels, on the router, still does not help.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

How about moving the hub as @jguerdat suggests?

How are you measuring the speed drop? Does it apply to every wifi client you use?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Timmy406
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I tried to move the bass station away from the router, that did not help.  I am measuring the speed drop  with Speedtest.net.  I'm not sure what you mean by apply to ever wifi client I have.  I will run a speed test with the Arlo hub plugged into the router, I will get speeds of 8 - 22Mbps.  I will then unplug the Arlo hub from the router and run the speed test, I will then gets speeds of 98-116Mbpd

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Timmy406,

Have you tried rebooting or unplugging and replugging your router to see if that would help?

Timmy406
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I have tried rebooting router, and rebooting the Arlo bass.  I have tested everything.  The internet speeds are fast when Arlo bass is not pulled into the router.  I had my Internet provider come out and check the lines and they said those were all good.  

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

craigw23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a security light and have noticed the same slowdown in download speeds when my bridge is plugged in.  I am unplugging my bridge during the day while we use more bandwidth for work.

CaptOats07
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you ever figure anything out for this?  I just recently discovered the same problem.  We had a storm and power went out reset everything back as it was (my base station is wired).  I noticed over a few days there was a lag and just little things so I ran a speed test.  I have Gig speed and would get 6-850(wifi6) on my iPhone and now i was getting 90-100. Same on MacBook.   I thought it was my router system. Did the same thing.  Pulled the plug.  Speed went right back up.  Thanks for any help.

Timmy406
Tutor
Tutor

After I got the Cable company/Internet to come out to my house on the fourth time. They rewired all of the cable, for the internet.  The speeds where back up to 80-105 mbps.  I have not had a problem since that time.  It took a lot of fighting with the cable Company, they wanted to blame Arlo for the slow speeds.

I feel that the internet was going slow, Arlo takes a lot of the band with so it slows it down more.  So when you unplug Arlo from your router you see the speed go back up.  

So with the new cable lines it made it run faster.  

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation