Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Apolsauce
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got 2 cameras from someone. Only one came with a battery. I plugged it to charge battery, but it shows fully charged icon but no percentage. Unplugged it and camera turned off? Updated to latest software. Thought it was a bad battery. So bought a new one, put it in and same thing. Tried the second camera and same thing with that camera. Cleaned terminals and nothing. What could it be?

6 REPLIES 6
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

It seems like the pro2 camera’s charging circuit has been locked out on the cameras for safety. This can occur if the battery has been allowed to discharge completely so the camera is prevented from  trying to recharge the dead battery and cause damage.

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Apolsauce wrote:

I plugged it to charge battery, but it shows fully charged icon but no percentage. 

Are you using a charger that supports quickcharge?

Apolsauce
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, but I bought a new battery and tried using it and still shows full charged icon but no percentage. Yes using arlo bricks and cord. I’ve tried it in both cameras and also used a battery from one of my original cameras 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Apolsauce wrote:

Thanks, but I bought a new battery and tried using it and still shows full charged icon but no percentage. Yes using arlo bricks and cord. I’ve tried it in both cameras and also used a battery from one of my original cameras 

Is the camera running ok when on battery?

Apolsauce
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera does not run when power cord is not plugged into it. When I unplug, camera does not run on battery. Even used a new battery and a battery that works off one of my existing cameras. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Apolsauce wrote:

Camera does not run when power cord is not plugged into it. When I unplug, camera does not run on battery. Even used a new battery and a battery that works off one of my existing cameras. 

Sounds like a failure in the camera.  Have you looked at the connector inside (sometimes it can get damaged)?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation