Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Apprentice

Arlo pro 2 iOS 2.6.3 app crashes

I have a recurring crash issue with the latest iOS app when viewing newly detected recordings in the cloud library from my iPhone 5s. The app reboots after I delete the tenth video. Anyone else annoyed with this behaviour?
Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 1 of 8
Community Manager

Re: Arlo pro 2 iOS 2.6.3 app crashes

Dannybear,

Have you tried reinstalling the app? Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Message 2 of 8
Apprentice

Hi JamesC,
I have not tried reinstalling the app as yet as it stuffs up the geofencing with dual mobiles. I checked the issue again today and it still behaves the same as well as the same with the partner’s mobile which is the same iPhone 5s and app version. Based on the above if you feel there is value in reinstalling the app on the mobiles I can give it a go and stuff about with geofencing again.
Message 3 of 8
Apprentice

I deleted the Arlo App on my iPhone and installed V2.7.0 iOS version and can confirm that the crashing issue still exists for my mobile.
Message 4 of 8
Prodigy

Interesting.  Personally, I have only had the crashing issue with V2.7.0.  It was stable on 2.6.3 for my various Apple devices.

Message 5 of 8
Apprentice

Hi AncientGeek,
Just to clarify the issue only relates to deleting multiple library videos and it would seem to only be on iPhone 5s. The previous V2.6.3 iOS never crashed for me unless doing the above operations. V2.7.0 has been as stable for me so far except for the above with no other issues except for the non supported hevc error on snapshots. I have yet to check geofencing performance though .
Message 6 of 8
Apprentice

I got around to checking if the geofencing operation was impacted by the latest firmware and iPhone App updates. All good, worked correctly.
As for the crashing issue when deleting videos, still does this on my two iPhone 5s and also on my iPad Air 2. The iPad just locks up and requires a power down reboot to work again.
Message 7 of 8
Prodigy

@Dannybear wrote:
I got around to checking if the geofencing operation was impacted by the latest firmware and iPhone App updates. All good, worked correctly.
As for the crashing issue when deleting videos, still does this on my two iPhone 5s and also on my iPad Air 2. The iPad just locks up and requires a power down reboot to work again.

My wife’s Air 2 locks up for a minute or perhaps two, but I think just the app itself locks up not the entire iPad.  She can close the app and do other things while she complains to me about Arlo.  V2.7.0 crashes often for me.  Usually when watching a video or waiting for thumbnails to fill in.  I have been trying different things.  If I scroll through my devices quickly, I can get way down the list (35 cameras) before it locks up.  Then I wait for some progress by the app before it frees up again.  I go to Library and get prompted for the plan to which I already subscribe.  I close the annoying prompt. The thumbnail locations all show up as rectangles with swirlies in the middle and they sit there swirling.  If I touch one, I will see a blank white screen where the video should be.  If I touch it again, I’ll see a white circle where the Play arrow should be.  If I touch that, the video will start to play.  Sometimes it plays successfully and sometimes the app crashes.  If it is successful and I return to the Library screen, the thumbnails are all filled out when I return.

Message 8 of 8