Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 gets a really bright hue around edges when night vision is on

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
pol0g
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi- My question is about night vision, when I turn the camera video settings to night vision, the camera gets a really bright hue around the edges of the screen that stops me from seeing clearly, if I turn the settings back to off. The screen gets too dark and can't see anything. Is there something I'm missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the camera looking through glass or surrounded by surfaces that is causing reflections? Post a screenshot.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the camera looking through glass or surrounded by surfaces that is causing reflections? Post a screenshot.

pol0g
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi jguerdat- What you are saying makes a lot of sense, the camera is mounted outside, next to my second-floor window, I think the camera is getting the reflection from the glass. I will take a picture later tonight when is dark and post it, I will move the camera below the window so it doesn't catch the reflection. Thank you very much for your advice. 

pol0g
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem solved, I moved the camera lower below the window's reflection. I no longer see the hue. Thank you for the advise jguerdat!  

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation