Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Arlobcs
Star
Star

I have written about this before (but cannot find the post) and reported the problem was resolved.  It is NOT.  I have been keeping closer track -- I get 3 motion notifications for every recording.  Makes this a very expensive, useless device.  Help??

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dunno that 3 notifications per recording makes the system useless. Annoying, yes, but useless?

Do all cameras do this? WHat mode are you using - the default Armed one or a custom mode? Which notifications are you getting - push or email? Have you toggled them off and back on? Have you removed the camera from Settings, My Devices and resynced? Exactly what have you tried?

Arlobcs
Star
Star

I have 4 Arlo Pro2s and haven't been entirely systematic in scoping out the problems (compared to my Nest, Arlo is just too labor intensive to scope out the problems, and Arlo's chat/telephone support are a HUGE waste of time).  Still if I lose 2 video clips for ever 3 notifications, the camera is of no use to me -- I've lost two-thirds of my clips & I don't know what caused them to go off.  To answer your other questions, I get push notifications, but all those of those notifications - with no benefit of clips - is depleting my cell phone battery.  That explains why I haven't been consistent about scoping the problem.  Still, I can say that the camera I'm most interested in is issuing notifications with very few clips.  All of my cameras are in the armed mode, and are to start recording when they detect motion or noise (my camera is seeing motion predominantly, but there are very few recordings).  I can try to resync and be more systematic about scoping out the problems, but I'm exhausted with the same process because I've had so many problems with these Arlos.  Again, my Nests have been a piece of cake.

Arlobcs
Star
Star

I think you misunderstood -- there are not 3 notifications per recording.  There are missing recordings.  Notifications were triggered at different times.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your initial post seemed to indicate that you just got multiple notification per recording, not that there were missing recordings. That's where I got confused.

I would start by rebooting the base to see if that helps (I've had the occasional missing video or other symptom that this fixed). Otherwise, resetting the whole system and starting fresh would be the fastest thing to get going. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Claim the base again and sync the cameras. While this is a PITA, it should clear out any weirdnesses. Be sure to note all settings, modes, rules and schedule before doing this to speed the rebuild.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation