Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Pops35
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had two false alarms from my pro2 camera. There seems to be an echo in the camera when you activate it. It doesn’t seem to matter if the audio is on or off.

8 REPLIES 8
Dannybear
Master
Master
Can you post a link to a video for us to view?

Manually record the camera for 10sec, then go to the library and tap on the option to the right of the video and choose share and then copy link to paste into your post.
The link only lasts 24hrs.
Dannybear
Master
Master
When I play the video on my iPhone, I can hear a tapping sound at about every second. I assume this is a clock, would that be correct?
I can also hear a faint swishing sound also. Is this what you hearing as an echo or have I missed something.
When you say that you get false alarms, regardless of the audio turned on or off, have you been setting the audio level in the alarm mode rule for the camera?
Pops35
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. The camera has been moved from original location. Yes there is a clock ticking in that room. The echo is when someone speaks and it goes at least four times. Sounds like you are in a canyon. I moved back to original location and took another video which illustrates the echo.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I’m not sure if I can explain this, I wonder if the echo is your playback audio cycling back through the camera’s microphone as it was recording. To prove this just turn down the audio on the Device the App is running on and record again to see if the echo persists.
Back to the false alarms, have you checked your camera rule settings in the armed mode your using to lower the microphone sensitivity to minimum?
Pops35
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve already tried shutting volume completely off on speaker and mic. Still had the echo in this camera. I have four other cameras all set the same which I’ve had no problems.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Well you have me stumped.
Have you tried reinserting the battery, deleting the camera from the account and resync back in?
You probably have a dud camera and should contact arlo support to escalate a replacement.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation