Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 Failing To Connect

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Desertredd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Posted last night that one camera on my Arlo pro 2 system (jnstalled for 3 days now) was sending distorted/pixelated videos. This morning, that same camera now fails to connect to my app. When I walk by, I still get motion “push notifications” from the app, but no email and no video capture. My WiFi signal is strong and the camera is plugged into ac (since it is mounted in ladder accessible area with high traffic- didn’t want to charge often).

A second camera I have installed on same system that barely reaches my WiFi and is only on battery is still working just fine.

Is this ARLO 2 system really this unreliable? Any thoughts on steps to take to make this 3 day old system work again?

Frustrated.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro/Pro2 systems are prety good overall, just the apps have been screwy lately.

( I my 15 cameras from the web which is much more stable and use the app on android for just arming, etc )

First thing I would recommend is to power button reboot the base... wait about 2 mins for it to come back online with the cameras.  Test.

If it fails to work properly, and you have at least 2 bars to the trouble camera, I would use Remove device ( settings ) and delete the camera and then pull and replace battery in camera....re sync as if new and retest.

Also you can swap the two cameras to verify it's the camera or location.

By doing all above , you should have a good idea what the issue is to make a decision

As to push and emails, verify the emails and pushes are toggled on in the mode your arming with, don't forget to save after changes.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Desertredd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.

Rebooted and camera came back to life. Worked well for about 24 hours then web offline again. Have full bars. I still receive push notifications when motion triggers the “down” camera, but no video is captured in system. Email push notifications have always need set, but don’t work with the camera is “down”. Only get push notifications when camera is “down”...but no video captured.

Why would I replace the battery on a camera that is a week old? While I appreciate the guidance, that seems to be an expensive fix for a flawed system. I will contact Arlo phone support (no luck so far reaching them).

Rebooted box again today and now it just says the camera is “offline”. Other camera reconnected just fine.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation