Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not Consistently Recording On Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Davidddt
Tutor
Tutor

Just started using the Arlo Pro 2 with two cameras on battery only. I find that there is a problem in that if the camera has recorded via motion detection it does not record the next motion detection if that detection is within at least a five minute period of the previous one ending. Have not tested the length of time beyond this when it will start recording again. Not much use as a security camera if it will not continue to recorded each and every motion or noise incident.  Also if viewing the camera live on battery only it does not detect motion and therefore does not record. Anyone else got this problem. Firmware is up to date. Happens to both cameras so not a problem with one only. Cameras are linked with mode setting so that both are to record whichever camera detects motion. 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What's your upload speed as measured by speedtest.net? The normal reset period is a few (5-10 seconds) after the video is uploaded.

dfjkl
Apprentice
Apprentice
There may be a problem with Arlo Pro 2s in general. I have 2 Pro 2s and a Pro hooked up, if I put all up to max sensitivity, currently only the Pro is consistently getting video uploaded. Seriously annoyed right now, I can pull up a live stream of people walking around my cars but the pro 2s are not recording any of it. They are becoming quite unreliable as of late.
dfjkl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just pulled my USB flash drive off the base station, looks like the one Pro 2 that I expected to see something from that I've seen nothing uploaded from has a bunch of 2 second videos on it.  Something seems off there.  The other camera I have out there, while I only have one uploaded video from all day, I've got a whole bunch of videos on the memory stick from the people that were walking all around the vehicle area.  I've not been having connection issues...so why is the Arlo service failing so horribly lately?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a chance that the camera is having a connection issue to the base. Swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location.

dfjkl
Apprentice
Apprentice
I ended up resynching them and that was fine. Looks like the last firmware upgrade screwed up their connectivity. That is pretty inexcusable. If I had been away and it started flaking out, defeats the whole point of the purchase. As it is I think I missed video of someone scratching our car (one of the main impetus for their initial purchase).
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation