Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
WillieJames
Star
Star

I just updated to the latest Arlo app v2.7.9 on my iPhone 6+ running iOS 12.3.1. Now when I view a video and tap the delete trashcan icon in the lower left corner, all of the video thumbnails for that camera disappear instead of just the one I was viewing.

A workaround is to view all the videos before tapping the trashcan so you see what's on the videos before they all vanish.

This did not happen with the Arlo app v2.7.7 just before I updated so it's definitely a bug in v2.7.9.

60 REPLIES 60
VanHammersley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got a 4 cam package over the weekend. Have the same issue. Annoying. When I want to delete files, I have resorted to using my Arlo acct/admin on desktop/computer to handle deleting of files. No issues there/works fine.

Cdfyst
Aspirant
Aspirant
After the last update if I delete any recording they all disappear. If I leave the program and come back the recordings i didn’t delete reappear. This has never happened before the last update
Dominicdx
Aspirant
Aspirant
While deleting a video from 3-5 days ago it deleted the whole days worth of videos . Is there any way to. Change that or what am I doing wrong ?
Frank729
Tutor
Tutor
Ever since the last iOS update, May 2019, my library is not working properly. When I delete an unwanted video from the viewing pane, instead of going to the next video it jumps to the last video of the previous day. When I close the viewing pane it tells me there are no videos in the library. If I close the app and re-open, the videos re-appear in my library.
Djwil
Tutor
Tutor
After an upgrade to the app, when I delete a library video they all go away for that day until you log back in and then all but the video I deleted is still there. Also when the geofence goes to home mode when entering the zone, the mode will not go to disarmed for the cameras. I’m getting all kinds of unnecessary video.
Lorakeet
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's just removing the thumbnails. If you close and re-open the app are still there. This is a BUG and Netgear needs to get their asses in gear to fix it!

MlNelson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem...view one recording...delete...than lose all recordings!

in problem solving I’ve noticed if I log out than log back in the lost recordings reappear.

WillieJames
Star
Star

I just updated to the iOS app v2.7.10 and it seems to have solved the problem of disappearing video thumbnails after deleting a video.

Dannybear
Master
Master
@WillieJames
Thanks for the heads up and will give it a try tomorrow. Cheers
Busav8or
Aspirant
Aspirant

Lately when I clear a video after watching, all my videos are deleted from my library. I’ve reset both cameras and the base station and reinstalled the Arlo app with no change. This just started happening a couple of days ago. Any ideas?

Thanks 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It's been posted before ... a bug that's being fixed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------