Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
WillieJames
Star
Star

I just updated to the latest Arlo app v2.7.9 on my iPhone 6+ running iOS 12.3.1. Now when I view a video and tap the delete trashcan icon in the lower left corner, all of the video thumbnails for that camera disappear instead of just the one I was viewing.

A workaround is to view all the videos before tapping the trashcan so you see what's on the videos before they all vanish.

This did not happen with the Arlo app v2.7.7 just before I updated so it's definitely a bug in v2.7.9.

60 REPLIES 60
jack1512003
Initiate
Initiate
I am notified of recordings in the app like normal. I usually view them and delete immediately. I would delete one and then the next one etc. Suddenly when I delete the first one all of the other recordings disappear. If I close and restart the app the remaining recording show up again in the app. It takes forever to delete recordings now.
cwalk445
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently (no updates that I'm aware of occurred) I have been having trouble viewing my recorded videos. It is taking longer to populate and alert me as well. When I start watching the first video, then delete, the other videos disappear. I hvae to close the app and open it again to see them. 

cwalk445
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently (no updates that I'm aware of occurred) I have been having trouble viewing my recorded videos. It is taking longer to populate and alert me as well. When I start watching the first video, then delete, the other videos disappear. I hvae to close the app and open it again to see them.  They did not post this originally, so I have to try again. This is becoming very frustrating. I cannot find a direct link to ask anyone that works at Arlo and I do not see any links that show the same problem. So, that may mean no activity and I will not be worth responding to?

Peo_leo
Aspirant
Aspirant

After the latest update.
if i delete a recording then everyone else in the library disappears, to appear again at restart. on ios

paxtonsc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Noticed same thing yesterday I go to erase daily recordings it only let me erase one recording then shows zero recording when I know I have many remaining I have to then close it down re-open go to recordings and same thing erase one and it shows zero recordings (happens on my iphone and iPad ) ?? Is there a fix for this ?

Peo_leo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, now we are 5 persons. Guss we have to waith for a new update of the app

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe this is an iOS app issue. Regardless of the fix, I would strongly recommend never deleting videos since too many folks have wanted one back which isn't possible. Just let the system roll them off according to you plan.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems to be an iOS app problem. WHile it should get fixed, I strongly suggest never deleting videos since too many people have then wanted to get them back, which isn't possible. Let the system delete them according to your plan.

jrock624
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have found for the time being i can delete as normal on the PC.  Not the resolution but it is easier.

ArloUser52
Guide
Guide

After the latest Arlo update version 2.7.9 the following things started happening:

When multiple recorded videos are present and I delete just one of the videos, all other recorded videos dissapear until you close and reopen the Arlo app and repeat again for each deleted video.

Also I cannot format my USB drive plugged into the back of the Arlo base station. Message says failed to format. Worked perfectly fine until this last update.

This same thing happened previously the last time an update came out.  

brh
Master
Master

This is a known bug and the Arlo engineers are working to resolve it.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@Scully1966,

This is a known bug and the Arlo engineers are working to resolve it.

Brian

Peo_leo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, thanks for that

mwallwtd
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is currently happening with my system as well...ios apple phone   Does ARLO have an ETA on the update?

fisheye7
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have the same problem after latest update Arlo iOS app version 2.7.9 (90) updated on 26 May19.
When you delete a single video in the library, all your other videos disappear for the same day and only reappear when you close/re-open the app.
JimandTricia
Initiate
Initiate
I get alerts and while viewing the library after watching a couple they all disappear and it says no recordings when actually there are 3 days worth! Anyone else having this problem?
WhyUpgrade
Guide
Guide
Same with me and many other customers. If I use it like I always do and delete one video, they all disappear. I have to close the app, bring it back up and they reappear after that.

If I go to the newer addition on the library page, bring one up, slide it over to the next one until I see them all, go back to the library page hit select all and then delete, it works.

Our issue with is that if I use the page the video is playing on to delete it through the trash can, they disappear.

To say that Netgears updates are frustrating would be an understatement.
BettyD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. Is there any solution

Anjos
Star
Star
There’s something up again with the services. I have no recordings saved. On the phone app, I can see the cameras are picking up movement and sound. I also checked the website, and same issue there. No videos in the library.
Ty1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, i am using the arlo app on my iphone 7plus and after deleting a footage from the camera library all the other footage vanishes. But if i close the app and re open it those footage comes back. So i have to do it multiple times to delete any footage. Need help to solve this thanks.
patriziaf
Tutor
Tutor
The list of bugs is now longer: when on the iphone app, if I delete a video, all the other videos disappear. i have to quit and re-enter to see them.
patriziaf
Tutor
Tutor

The list of bugs is now longer:

1) when on the iphone app, if I delete a video, all the other videos disappear. i have to quit and re-enter to see the remaining videos

2) My base station is called "bedroom", 3 cameras depend on this station. Now on the PC a second base staton has appeared, its name is "Base Station" and it is at a superior level compared to the second base station and the 3 cameras. So from this base staton depend a base station and 3 cameras.  ????

CSGILMOUR
Aspirant
Aspirant
A few days ago I noticed that whenever I would delete an unneeded video all of my videos for the day completely disappear. I can get them back by activating record on one of my cameras. But if I delete a file, they all go away.

Also, about a week ago I lost everything I hadn’t previously deleted. It all just went away. I restarted my base station, but it did not recover any files.
Sellis500
Initiate
Initiate
It seems since the latest app update, every time I try to view a recording and try to delete it, the rest of the videos for that day disappear. They only come back if I turn my phone off and on again. iPhone XR
ojix
Star
Star

I have the same problem with my two Arlo Q cameras.

When I delete one of the videos in my library, all the videos disappear, and later when I restart the Arlo app the videos other than the one I deleted come back at some point of time.

I have not experience this problem till  yesterday. Looks like something wired is going on in Netgears servers, again.