Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo iOS app frequently logs out and can’t get notification

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bacondreamer
Guide
Guide

My iOS Arlo app frequently logs me out, and when that happens it no longer notifies me when camera is triggered. Anyone else experiencing this?

11 REPLIES 11
Dannybear
Master
Master
Can you attach a screenshot of the logout notification.
How often does the logout occur.
If you login again do the notifications start working again.
Arques
Star
Star

Both me and my SO are experiencing the same issue. Me on Android and her on iOS. It seems like we cannot stay logged on for more than about a week. Once we have been signed out we get no notification or indication that this has happened. This makes the whole camera pretty much pointless since we never know when it stops working unless we manually sign in to the app every time we leave the house to make sure that we are signed in. Otherwise we won't get any notifications if the camera sees anything and the camera won't even arm either since the geofencing function stops working.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Can you confirm that the arlo app on your mobile device is set for background app. Look in the mobile’s settings under the arlo icon.

I recently had my iPhone logged out but I still got notifications even when I canceled the log back in option so it should work for everyone unless there is a timeout.
Arques
Star
Star
The Arlo app on my android is set to be a "Never sleeping app" under "Background usage limits". It doesn't help.

Frequently when I open the app it says that I have been logged out because I logged in on another device. This is not true because I only have Arlo installed on one device. I don't know if this is a problem that causes me to stop receiving notifications or not but it seems to be something else that is broken at least.
If signing in to another device (which I never do) is stopping geofencing and notifications from working then that seems to be yet another problem, because that seems like a very bad thing.

I can have facebook, instagram and whatsapp running on several devices and they all get the notifications. I can turn one device off for months and when I start it again I still get those notifications without having to open the respective apps to sign in again. Why can't the Arlo app do the same?
Dannybear
Master
Master
My logged out message is that “your session has expired, please log back in” This is different to the “you have been logged out” message when another device with the same login credentials logs on using the arlo App or web portal.
Arlo has always been limited to a single login session.

Is it possible that you’re SO is using your credentials to access the arlo system? This would explain the logout message that’s occurring.

This doesn’t explain why your notifications stop working though.
Arques
Star
Star
No, we each have our own accounts. Every time I close the app and open it again it requires me to sign in again using my fingerprint. Most often there's no message with a reason of why I'm logged out.

It seems like I am able to generate the you have been logged out message, something about another device (I dont see it for long enough to be able to read it fully and write it down), by just closing and opening up the app multiple times from the same single device that I use. Last time it happened (a couple of minutes ago) I first had to log in as usual using my fingerprint with no red error message, then I saw the app for a split second and then I got immediatly kicked back out to the login screen with this error message and had to sign in again. It seems like my single device is somehow kicking itself out...

Edit: Downloaded a screen recorder and caught issue on video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_lkJadNaQj0cthX2FDRVXT5nMLMLxIGS/view?usp=drivesdk
Dannybear
Master
Master
I wonder if your android device is creating a new instance of the arlo App each time you open the app while the previous instance is still running and hasn’t had enough time to close down.

Edit: you should consider deleting the video attachment as it contains your login email.
bacondreamer
Guide
Guide

There is no notification.  I only notice it when I realize I'm not getting notification of any recorded events and then check the app and notice that I've been logged out.  Not sure if it's randomly logging out or because the app is updated in the background.

bacondreamer
Guide
Guide

It is set as backgroup app (background app refresh is enabled).

Dannybear
Master
Master
@baconsreamer,
Can you confirm that your getting the events recording to the cloud when not getting notifications. If so then check the notifications settings in the mobile device settings under the arlo App. Eg. It is easy to accidentally disable notifications for locked screen without knowing. Also check that the mute notifications has not been activated in the arlo App itself under its settings.
This might suggest that another device is accessing your account and playing silly buggers.
If you’re not getting recordings then check that the mode has not changed to disabled. I.e. If you’re using schedule and or geofencing something could be going screwy.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I started using geofencing today and it seems to work ok but after returning home I tried to log in to arlo on the iOS app and got the logged out notification so it seems that geofencing has issues.
835AE5A3-8E30-4CF3-9BED-0E367E7D2B00.png
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation