Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Shorty1181
Tutor
Tutor

For the past 2 days I have not been able to get in the app in my phone. I have removed app. Downloaded and installed numerous times. Just stays stuck on welcome screen. Anyone else having this problem? How can I fix this?

66 REPLIES 66
RanchoMirage
Initiate
Initiate

Having the exact same problem on my iphone 6.  Logged a case.  Very frustrating.  Advised iphone 6 and 6S are having the problem.

bobuser
Star
Star

Thanks to Ant for pointing out that even a restore of the iPhone from a good backup won't work - I wasn't aware of that. And, worse, even my spare 6S with an old version (V3) of the app on it - now won't work either. That version complains that it 'needs an update' after launching - and takes you to the App Store to upgrade. Sheesh. So, Apple really have locked down the entire ecosystem and we are in the hands of the developer.

Cece2021
Initiate
Initiate
My app is consistently crashing on my update iOS device, in which has been updated on the iPhone itself and the Arlo App. I reset the network settings and my phone. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app over 5 times..
Linals2
Tutor
Tutor
The Arlo App on my iPhone keeps crashing. When I open it and confirm my identity through Touch ID IT stays on for a second and then goes to a black screen and then back to my icon display screen. What can I do? Bloody frustrating!
ant
Mentor
Mentor

I really hope Arlo fixes this by this weekend if they don't work on weekends.

DoYourJob
Guide
Guide

Updated the Arlo app on my both my iPad Air and iPhone 5S both with IOS 12.5.4 on 6/21/21. Now the app will not open unless I delete, download & reinstall the app. The app will load, open & function the first time used after the reinstall process, but after you close the app it won’t open again until you repeat delete and reinstall process. When the app is opened subsequent to the first use after the reinstall process, the Arlo splash screen shows up, the cameras start to show for a millisecond, then the app crashes, going back to the iPhone / iPad home screen (the app doesn’t close during this process, it is still open in the background it but if you try to ‘open’ the Arlo app, the same things continuously happens). Again this happens on both the iPhone and iPad.

DoYourJob
Guide
Guide

Updated the Arlo app on my both my iPad Air and iPhone 5S both with IOS 12.5.4 on 6/21/21. Now the app will not open unless I delete, download & reinstall the app. The app will load, open & function the first time used after the reinstall process, but after you close the app it won’t open again until you repeat delete and reinstall process. When the app is opened subsequent to the first use after the reinstall process, the Arlo splash screen shows up, the cameras start to show for a millisecond, then the app crashes, going back to the iPhone / iPad home screen (the app doesn’t close during this process, it is still open in the background it but if you try to ‘open’ the Arlo app, the same things continuously happens). Again this happens on both the iPhone and iPad.

DoYourJob
Guide
Guide

DoYourJob
Guide
Guide

DoYourJob
Guide
Guide

csr260ps
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

Our iphones run IOS 12.5.4. We've only had the system for about 2 weeks. Until a few days ago the App seemed to work fine but now it won't load until I've deleted it and reinstalled. After this procedure the App will work - I initially have the message 'Your Arlo device appears offline. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to the Internet'. If I tab the screen the App then works but only for about 24 hours.

Does anyone have any ideas for a fix?

Thanks

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be resolved by updating to the latest version of the Arlo iOS app available from the iOS App Store, which is version 3.2.2. Please make sure you have the latest version installed. You can read more about the latest version here: iOS Mobile App - 3.2.2 - 25th June 2021.

CyrilRajesh
Guide
Guide

JessicaP   Thank you for the update, its working for me now.

lilcait15
Star
Star
Thank you. Arlo I Hope you keep all us iOS 12. Users in mind going forward with the update's
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Finally! All working in old iOS v12.5.4 devices now. Yes, please keep supporting the old versions and QA test well. 🙂

Karenlynn63
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have iPhone 6 phones.  The app opens then kicks us out.  What can we do to correct this?

dcfox1
Master
Master

There was an new update released today to fix the problem. Version 3.2.2

Try uninstalling and reinstall the App.