Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Shorty1181
Tutor
Tutor

For the past 2 days I have not been able to get in the app in my phone. I have removed app. Downloaded and installed numerous times. Just stays stuck on welcome screen. Anyone else having this problem? How can I fix this?

66 REPLIES 66
Shorty1181
Tutor
Tutor
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I was able to fix the issue.

1) I uninstalled Arlo app from phone.
2) I unplugged the base for about 5 seconds.
3) plugged the base again, while doing so I accidentally hit the sync button.
4) Downloaded and installed app once again and IT Worked.

Hope this helps and works for everyone as well.
CyrilRajesh
Guide
Guide

JessicaP

- Arlo Moderator - Can you share an update, looks like this has impacted a lot of users.

CyrilRajesh
Guide
Guide

Did the app open the second time ? I tried this and it opened only the first time after the re-install. Crashes when I opened it next time onwards.

Jeem
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi JessicaP

An update is long overdue. This isn’t an inconvenience. The app no longer works!

Some users are paying for smart services that are made inoperable due to app crashes.

Update time please and ETA for workaround/fix.

Many thanks for your continued support and attention.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We are aware of an issue with Arlo iOS app release 3.2.1 crashing for iOS 12.5.X software update for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, and iPod touch (6th generation). We are currently working on a resolution for this issue, please check https://status.arlo.com for more information and update.

Arlo Team

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Thank you for the updates, JessicaP.

Monotreme
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem (iPhone 6, latest OS version). In addition to fixing the app ASAP and avoiding similar showstopper bugs in the future, Arlo should really allow the camera dashboard to be accessed via mobile browser. At least then, when the app fails, we could still view and manage our cameras from our phones. Unfortunately the mobile browser (on iOS at least) doesn't allow this: the "view camera" link on the web page just attempts to launch the app (which crashes).

bobuser
Star
Star

I just wrote a long reply how I am working again - it was false...I'm not.

lilcait15
Star
Star
Lol I did the same thing last nite 🤣 after several uninstalls and reinstalls it worked until I closed it. opened it up this morning to an instant crash ☹️ I didn't check any activity's Last nite just live feed what I don't understand is why Arlo hasn't Given users options in apples App Store rather than the one and dun option
davila29
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem for me, new 3.2.1 app crashes on my iphone 5S running iOS 12.5.4

Remove and install works once, after closing the app and opening it again it fails.

Please help

maureen623
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem.  Arlo App crashing on my iPhone6S, iOS 12.5.4

jasonEm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have an original iPad Air which is quite old at this point, and only runs IOS 12.5.4. The app started to get a little buggy a few months back (I assume it was during the previous update), but it always worked. Sometimes I had to restart the iPad or restart the app a few times, but it always worked. In any case after updating today, the app no longer works at all. It loads but then crashes immediately. I've tried restarted the iPad and confirmed that I have the latest IOS release that is available for this model.

So my question - does anyone know if the most recent IOS App release works with IOS 12.5.4? Wondering if it is no longer supported? Doesn't mention anything in the release notes,. Anyone on here running IOS 12 and have the app working?

jasonEm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nevermind, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now it works!

lilcait15
Star
Star
Hello if you have an iPhone 6s you should be able to update your iOS to 13 and above which should help you with this problem I think it's affecting most users who are stuck running iOS 12 the 6s is supposed to be Apple approved for iOS 13 & later hope it helps
Kahrbon2020
Initiate
Initiate
I am also having problems with the Arlo App going blank on my iPhone 6+. I can still access Arlo through an old iPad however. I’ve deleted and reuploaded the App on the phone several times and it works for only a few minutes and then closes itself ... I need help to resolve this!!!
bobuser
Star
Star

I've been spending way too much time on this. But, for now at least, it's actually working. Perhaps the trick is not to quit the app. It does stay open when put it n the background and then foreground. I did uninstall and reinstall the App. Now that this problem is acknowledged by Arlo, I would expect a fix very soon - with a new release. I do have an older version (V3.0) on another iPhone 6S - and I have been trying all the various methods to transfer that app from that iPhone 6S to my 6. No luck so far. And I've gone down many rabbit holes. (I thought I had a fix and so I was posting the fix above, when I discovered soon after that it was a false report). One thought is that you could restore the entire iPhone from a recent backup - as that older backup would surely still have the older version of the Arlo app in it. But I won't do it myself as I know it's not a seamless process.  When I've had to do this in the past, I recall there were some issues, but I still won't be overwriting this good backup if Arlo don't come up with a timely fix.

Any yes, it was a strange suggestion by the Moderator to say don't upgrade if there are problems - which assumes you think Arlo will release bad updates, or you may be clairvoyant. in the Apple  (or any) world, you only know if there are problems AFTER they occur. And reversing them is getting harder and harder - perhaps now impossible.

Zebis
Tutor
Tutor
Unfortunately I installed an Arlo today with an iOS 12.5.4 device and experienced the same issues. Uninstalling and reinstalling was a temporary fix, the app later crashing on launch.
Arlo have posted a bug notification:
https://status.arlo.com/incidents/79
bobuser
Star
Star

Tried to edit above post. Scrub that thought that all was fixed for me - it isn't. It was for a quite a while but then came back. I think it's due to the OS putting the app to sleep, and when it wakes up it does a full refresh and then quits. So, please Arlo, can you fix this asap, or give us a way to download the old version (yeah, I know you won't).

AA802
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here. iOS 12.5.4 on iPhone 6 and the app will not work after uninstalling and reinstalling. It will initially open, then crashes after being opened for the first time. Please help! 

lilcait15
Star
Star
At least you feel secure now these cameras aren't cheap we pay premiums to feel confident they will be up and running when she need them it's been 3 days since they Opps and no work around as of yet I have cheap cameras I never have had this much trouble with the EZVIZ or the Wyze
ant
Mentor
Mentor

bobuser: Restoring back ups won't work because Apple stopped backing up apps many years ago. It forces users to redownload apps from its App Store. 😞

RanchoMirage
Initiate
Initiate

Tech support advised iphone 6 & 6S are having this problem.  They are working on a fix with no completion date at this time.  Any suggestions other than buy a new product or a new phone?

Thanks

ant
Mentor
Mentor

AA802 and everyone else: We will have to wait for Arlo to fix the issue. 😞

CyrilRajesh
Guide
Guide

JessicaP

- Arlo Moderator -do we now have an ETA ?

Kahrbon2020
Initiate
Initiate

I had mentioned earlier that I was able to access the Arlo App with my old iPad ... that ended this morning and now I can only open the App thru my laptop.  Throughout the day I've been receiving notifications on my iPhone but have been unable to keep the App open to view them.  I hope, along with the rest of the affected Arlo "community", that this issue is resolved quickly.  I'm trying to keep the faith !