Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Waymar
Guide
Guide

Please can you return the basic camera to the position you had it before this update.  I liked to be able to see at a glance which camera had a low battery or had just been activated. It was previously visible on the devices screen without having to open each camera.

342 REPLIES 342
lico
Guide
Guide

It's Starting to feel like no one knows what to do!!!!

rcole
Initiate
Initiate

NEW UPDATE SUCKS! I HATE IT, I DON"T EVEN LIKE TO USE THE CAMERAS NOW!!!!

dfjkl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Since I've purchased the Arlo's, I've never seen the app in as bad of a state as it currently is.  Modes and schedules are not synced/displaying correctly compared to the web, and activity zones can't properly be managed.  I have to question if anything I do or see in the app is accurate at this point.  That shouldn't be the case.  Is anyone looking into any of the issues?  It seems each release thus far is more buggy than the last.

Lemondog7
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes. One of my camera batteries is at 9%.. the icon is NOT ON DISPLAY. Nor has it changed color. Update 2.6.0 and 2..6.1 are worthless. Please let us revert back to 2.5.5. Nothing works correctly!!!!! It’s been THREE WEEKS.
Lemondog7
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo technologies
350 E. Plumeria Drive
San Jose, CA 95134
Matthew McRae, CEO
FedEx him
lico
Guide
Guide

I still have 3 camera's not working. When I look at the motion set up screenon them  it shows a picture that is over 3 months old. What can I do to correct the issues? Where is Arlo's support??????

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@lico wrote:

I still have 3 camera's not working. When I look at the motion set up screenon them  it shows a picture that is over 3 months old. What can I do to correct the issues? Where is Arlo's support??????

Have your contacted support?

I have not had much problem with Live View.  I was able to force-close the app and it worked.  Others have reported rebooting their base stations and/or removing all cameras and re-synchronizing them with the base after being directed to do so by support.  Some say that worked and others say it did not.  Support is hard to locate....here is a link to a page with contact information.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

McMason
Initiate
Initiate

@RChobby wrote:
Total fail, Arlo. Grade is F on this update. Please give us the old version back, this is horrible.

Honestly, the updated app has so many disadvantages that I find myself having to spend way too much time and take way too many steps to effectively know if my home is safe.  There's not enough time to even list all of the bugs. I would appreciate knowing how to install the older version - which had multiple advantages!!

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@McMason wrote:

@RChobby wrote:
Total fail, Arlo. Grade is F on this update. Please give us the old version back, this is horrible.

Honestly, the updated app has so many disadvantages that I find myself having to spend way too much time and take way too many steps to effectively know if my home is safe.  There's not enough time to even list all of the bugs. I would appreciate knowing how to install the older version - which had multiple advantages!!

This is is what I did to get back to 2.5.5 on my iPad .  It was drastic and took some time and effort, but it was worth it to me.   See the link to my post on this below...

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Arlo-iOS-App-2-6-0-20th-October-2018/m-p/1647033/highlight/...

LARRY2716
Guide
Guide

Android must have just released a update! I now see battery status and motion detection on my Samsung 7 Edge. Not yet on my Apple Ipad though. Battery icon on camera snap shots on home page is a must have!!!!!!!!!    Finally back for now!!!!!

sybersnot
Apprentice
Apprentice

I turned auto app update off after I was able to recover the previous app version. I hope your right they fixed it but I'm going to wait untill more people post.

jgolizio
Initiate
Initiate

I run a combination of Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 cameras and have been satified for the most part up until a recent update to the mobile application.  Previously when on the main screen it listed all cameras and displayed a lot of useful information like battery life, wifi signal strength, etc...  not it just displays three dots so you have to go into each camera to get the specifcs...  this is bad design and I would prefer if you would at least display the battery life on the main screen again so.  Making the main screen the same as it was would actually be ideal... 

One more suggestion, I called the tech support and they were not helpful at all, plus this website is kinda clunky and useful information is not easy to find so I'd suggest simplifying the UI here also... 

Please at least put the battery life icon back on the main screen of the mobile app.

Thank you!

Cside
Initiate
Initiate
I’m not seeing any “enhancements”. This update is awful, sooooo awful that I’m considering a different system.
When I want to see something on my cameras, I want to see it NOW, I shouldn’t have to dig for it!
They need to revert back to the previous version.
baromme
Initiate
Initiate

I have the largest IPad. I’m having the same trouble. Ive done everything except un install the cameras. I’ve uninstalled the app and turned the iPad off then back on with no luck. All my other tablets and phones still work. They need to fix this update for the largest ipad. DO IT! I SEE THE LIVE FEED AND HEAR THE SOUND BUT NO VIDEO. 

@GetRidOfWires wrote:

Yes this "upgrade" is terrible. Supposedly "Live" video on the iPad is not live at all! I can hear my neighbor running his lawn mower, so I know the camera is connected, but if I turn my porch light on/off, the supposedly live video on the iPad never changes! Terrible "security" if I can't even monitor my house! And yes I restarted the base, and as I said I can hear the outside activity through the camera microphone. Arlo app version is 2.6.0, IOs version is 12.0.1

Dunndeal3
Guide
Guide
Bring back the status icons. They were never a distraction from the UX in the app. It was nice to get a quick glance at what was going on especially with the battery status. It would also be great to add a small snap shot button where you can tap it and get an updated screenshot of what's currently going on.
kever
Tutor
Tutor

I do not get my motion alerts at all anymore on my iphone 10 - the video is still recorded based on motion  - i only have 2 cameras system right now - Anyone know a fix got it?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I agree.  Even though not much better, the previous version was better.  All I noticed is they moved things around so now I can't find them.  The entire app should be flushed and start over from scratch and created by someone who actually uses it not some clueless programmer.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I keep getting either a black screen or notifications for both of my cameras that it is offline and to check my Wi-Fi.  My Wi-Fi is always working fine.  It's the Arlo app that's broken and even a reboot doesn't completely solve the problem because it will happen again.

If I didn't pay so much for this unreliable system I would find something better.  I only bought it because I was having repeated burglaries and vandalism.  Since I moved out of Home-Invasion Towers to a different apartment I don't need the cameras as much unless those same people discover where I live now.  I found a GPS tracking device on my car after I moved so anything is possible.

Iamspartacus8
Star
Star

All I want is this view they show in the App Store? Arlo how can you explain the variance?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I remember when I had a subscription this past summer there was a difference between the phone app and the online version of the software.  The online version had extra features the app didn't have.  I guess it was only available online.  I only got rid of the subscription because I had no need for more cloud space when my USB drive did the same thing then I upload my videos to my own cloud subscription.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Community, 

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the recent interface changes for iOS and Android devices that we rolled out with the Arlo App v2.6.0 update. We want you to know that we heard your concerns and our team will work diligently to address them. Your input is instrumental to ensure that our teams are able to continually enhance and improve your Arlo experience through each new update. 

Android users may already be aware that for the Arlo App v2.6.2 update the battery icon was reintroduced on the devices screen for each camera. We’re actively working on reinstating this feature for iOS devices.

Along with the changes to the battery icon placement, the Arlo App v2.6.0 update also included changes to several other status icons including signal strength, motion and audio indicators, quick filtering, etc. Our team is currently working to restore these icons to the main devices screen and we will provide an update when available.

We sincerely appreciate your candid feedback and look forward to continuing the conversation with our highly engaged community of Arlo users. 

Thank you,
Arlo Development Team

baromme
Initiate
Initiate

I have an Arlo pro 2 that the live view stopped after the last update. I have bought a 5th camera and solar panel but plan on returning them if this glitch isn’t fixed ASAP. I have a Samsung tablet, samsung Note 8 phone, older iPad and no trouble with the live feed. My larger ipad is the newest and largest iOS tablet.

i called to get help but was disconnected or hung up on. 

Anyone else have this problem? 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@JessicaP wrote:

Hello Arlo Community, 

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the recent interface changes for iOS and Android devices that we rolled out with the Arlo App v2.6.0 update. We want you to know that we heard your concerns and our team will work diligently to address them. Your input is instrumental to ensure that our teams are able to continually enhance and improve your Arlo experience through each new update. 

Android users may already be aware that for the Arlo App v2.6.2 update the battery icon was reintroduced on the devices screen for each camera. We’re actively working on reinstating this feature for iOS devices.

Along with the changes to the battery icon placement, the Arlo App v2.6.0 update also included changes to several other status icons including signal strength, motion and audio indicators, quick filtering, etc. Our team is currently working to restore these icons to the main devices screen and we will provide an update when available.

We sincerely appreciate your candid feedback and look forward to continuing the conversation with our highly engaged community of Arlo users. 

Thank you,
Arlo Development Team

Thank you, Jessica.

Please relay my thanks to the development team for listening to our concerns and engaging with us. 

mikeg279
Guide
Guide

I have same problem. Larger iPad no live video

Zegor
Star
Star

Thanks for this note Jessica, this is great news! I'm very optimistic now that things will improve 🙂