Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Waymar
Guide
Guide

Please can you return the basic camera to the position you had it before this update.  I liked to be able to see at a glance which camera had a low battery or had just been activated. It was previously visible on the devices screen without having to open each camera.

342 REPLIES 342
whatahound
Initiate
Initiate

I just spent 45 minutes with online support for an issues created by the upgrade. Got nothing but a run a round. Wish I had never bought this system. The customer support is terrible. Buyer Beware.

Jesseroon
Initiate
Initiate

You are spot on my friend.  Absolutely terrible upgrade.  Im sure they are getting plenty of feedback on this as everyone I know that has Arlos is feeling the exact same way.  Product Development fail for sure.  Hopefully they will change it back.

Iamspartacus8
Star
Star

Workaround.   While the new app challenges are well documented here.   Not sure why noone has suggested using the web interface?  If you go to myarlo and log in via browser, you will get the classic view you are looking for.  While not ideal it is a solution unitl the app is updated.   Or until they update that interface. 🙂   

whatahound
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here, customer service just gave me the run around. I'm so frustrated. They need to do a better job of testing these updates before sending them out. Wish I never bought this system. Customer Service is so bad.

Steveoreyno
Initiate
Initiate
I agree that the app update isn't a step forward.
To check battery levels you now need to go to the device settings for each individual device. Not user friendly at all
Grunge665
Initiate
Initiate

the new update suck, the sound is not working if your watching live and that is one of the main reason I bought the baby monitor.

HermanLily
Guide
Guide
Worst update ever! Says everyone.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

To be fair the previous version was not that great anyway. Is it really necessary to have “Mode” and “Settings”? Why not merge the two together? The less tapping with the finger the better the user experience. 

ITNinja1
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the link to the last app version on Android!!! OMG so much better being back on the previous version!

Uninstall current version, download via link and install by giving phone permissions. Don't forget to disable auto update for apps until Arlo can get there new app version fixed.

https://www.apkmonk.com/download-app/com.netgear.android/4_com.netgear.android_2018-08-08.apk/
mikeg279
Guide
Guide

I have same problem live video is not live.  I hear sounds pic never changes 

using iPad pro

ITNinja1
Apprentice
Apprentice
If you are using Android you can uninstall the current version and download the previous one here

https://www.apkmonk.com/download-app/com.netgear.android/4_com.netgear.android_2018-08-08.apk/

Then just install it giving it permissions if needed and turn off auto update in play store and until Arlo gets the new app sorted out better.

The previous app still works as expected for now.
sybersnot
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thank you so much. It worked. You just made my life a little easier.
jamesglewisf
Apprentice
Apprentice
Iamspartacus8:

You can’t use the web version on an iphone to look at the cameras. It requires you to open the app.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Set the mobile browser to use the desktop version and it works fine with the exception of features such as live view that require Flash.

Pdarby
Initiate
Initiate
jamesglewisf
Apprentice
Apprentice
Doesn’t work on my iPhone. I even tried Private Mode.
sybersnot
Apprentice
Apprentice
I uninstalled the new version and reinstalled the older one and turned the auto update off. I'm fine now.
trainland
Tutor
Tutor

for IOS or android? I could not find an iphone old version

Rattvader
Guide
Guide

Sybersnot....if you are using a iOS device could you please give me a brief and simple description on how you did this? It’s obvious that Netgear is not going to correct this issue  with the same vigor and expedience that they used to cause this problem! 

LARRY2716
Guide
Guide

Developers !!!! At least put the Battery Status Icon back on the main view screen !!!!!

Dont want to check device status for EACH camera individually.

Sometimes I change battery sooner, before I get low battery alerts, expecially if calling for bad weather or going away.

Bad enough I have to do this for my 3 Arlo Lights, but now 7 cameras also, this sucks !!!!

I want to see battery status at a glance!!!

Other than this, its ok.

hubcam26
Initiate
Initiate

I've read too many concerns on this latest app update to wonder if anyone at NetGear is even bothering to look into this. After hundreds of negative comments, some with some real concerns, not one reply from NetGear trying to provide some degree of compassion. That is the absolute worst customer service. We have all paid for what we thought was a upgrade in security monitoring, but to have a company appear to be totally ignoring these issues is horrible. I find if a slap in the face to see the message "AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled", then in a box below that message it says "OK...got it" We all apparently "got it" and we don't like it. How about those responsible for this fiasco also "Get It" and fix what they distroyed. Or at the very least keep us posted as to what you are doing to fix this issue. You can't hide.

sybersnot
Apprentice
Apprentice
Post the complaints on Facebook at arlo home. They respond with a polite canned answer because Facebook has more potential buyers reading their thread.
sybersnot
Apprentice
Apprentice
This worked for me.
Uninstall current version, download via link and install by giving phone permissions. Don't forget to disable auto update for apps until Arlo can get there new app version fixed.

sybersnot
Apprentice
Apprentice

Laylabird
Guide
Guide
I'm using Android app. Since update my issues are (aside from the annoying fact they moved everything around):
1.Cameras are reported as offline about 50% of the time. No it's not my router or modem because every other smart device works as they should).
2. I get push notifications but nothing is in the library about 25% of the time.
3. Some videos that do show up in the library will not play in the app but when I download them they will play, minus the audio.

I also agree with others that it is a pain in the posterior the way you have rearranged the buttons and it seems to have been done just to say that something has changed. Don't make changes just for the sake of change.
My three "ancient" Logitech cameras are much more useful at this point.
This is unacceptable. Please provide a rollback.