Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Waymar
Guide
Guide

Please can you return the basic camera to the position you had it before this update.  I liked to be able to see at a glance which camera had a low battery or had just been activated. It was previously visible on the devices screen without having to open each camera.

342 REPLIES 342
jamesglewisf
Apprentice
Apprentice
I lost my instant view of battery status, motion and audio detection, and number of videos. Now you have to pull up device status on each camera to see battery level and whether or not the motion or audio is activated. Now I can’t tell how many videos the device has in the library from the main screen. Bring us back the status lights on the main screen. We shouldn’t have to click through to each camera to see the statuses. I have 14 devices. I will spend all day trying to check statuses.

Give us back the previous app. Honestly, it is like the idiots who write this app don’t even use it themselves. Why do I have to tap the ellipsis and then also tap again to see device settings? Why an ellipsis instead of a gear? Idiots. Fire your head of app development and hire someone who actually uses the cameras.
GetRidOfWires
Tutor
Tutor

Yes this "upgrade" is terrible. Supposedly "Live" video on the iPad is not live at all! I can hear my neighbor running his lawn mower, so I know the camera is connected, but if I turn my porch light on/off, the supposedly live video on the iPad never changes! Terrible "security" if I can't even monitor my house! And yes I restarted the base, and as I said I can hear the outside activity through the camera microphone. Arlo app version is 2.6.0, IOs version is 12.0.1

pg87111
Guide
Guide

I agree.  The latest iPad app is a step backwards.  This is the first time you cannot see a live feed.  You have to record and then look at your Library.  This is not how a security system should work. 

jamesglewisf
Apprentice
Apprentice
Incan still see the live feed by pressing the Play button on the image.. Maybe that is because I have Arlo Pro 2 cameras or an iPhone. I’m not sure. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that my brother’s android app was not as useful. He couldn’t “Select All” on videos to delete them.
mnstevens
Guide
Guide

Now all my cams say "AC power had been disconnected from your Arlo Device. Activity zones are currently disabled." 

WHAT!!!! I'm not paying for activity zones and not getting them on cams that are not plugged into AC. None of mine are. That's the whole point off ARLO! Speaking of zones. Who is the idiot who thinks zones should be boxes? Serioulsy? 3 zones max? Can't see zone 1 and 2 while editing zone 3. Genious move! I'm trying to work around trees blowing in the wind and false positives to fix battery life issues. Someone at arlo needs to get a NEST account and see thier zones. You can make them any shape or size. Not some stupid box. The $1300 I spent on ARLO is begining to look like a big mistake. 

Sandroo
Star
Star

Heads up: Netgear just pushed a defective update 2.6.0, be aware about how this update will impact useability!  All camera status icons are gone, buried in a new submenu interface. You must click down multiple times for EACH CAMERA to find battery level and connectivity. Screen resolution problems on iPad push new navigation off the visible screen. Headings overlap graphics in a visual mishmash. I’m very sorry I implemented this update and won’t be updating again before checking this community!

Sandroo
Star
Star

This update destroyed useability of the software. I’m very sorry I implemented this update and will no longer trust Netgear to fully test what they release. In addition to burying camera status icons into sub menus (you must click multiple times to see battery level and signal status for each camera), screen resolution problems mash text and graphics, and push the menus off the screen on iPad.

@jamesglewisf wrote:
I lost my instant view of battery status, motion and audio detection, and number of videos. Now you have to pull up device status on each camera to see battery level and whether or not the motion or audio is activated. Now I can’t tell how many videos the device has in the library from the main screen. Bring us back the status lights on the main screen. We shouldn’t have to click through to each camera to see the statuses. I have 14 devices. I will spend all day trying to check statuses.

Give us back the previous app. Honestly, it is like the idiots who write this app don’t even use it themselves. Why do I have to tap the ellipsis and then also tap again to see device settings? Why an ellipsis instead of a gear? Idiots. Fire your head of app development and hire someone who actually uses the cameras.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I dont have this problem as I have a Andriod my app is still the same, but I will say this Arlo will fix 1 bug and create 2 more and WILL NOT leave things alone that work good, they are always screwing with stuff and screwing it up.

DudeDad
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, I agree...it sucks...not being able to see battery/wifi status without clicking is silly.  But the activity zone issue pisses me off....that's why agreed to pay for the yearly service.  I'm getting those AC errors as well.  Trying to do a customer service chat right now, but I'm stuck on "Please hold while we connect you to an agent".....Who makes these decisions to streamline to the point of uselessness?  Do they have actual users as beta testers?

marchesoni
Initiate
Initiate
After the last update, the motion alerts showing in my phone are a few seconds slower. (iPhone X)
Anyone having the same issue?
Both arlo and cellphone is updated
Inh
Initiate
Initiate
App 2.6.0 broke my cameras all together. It’s reporting that they have lost power, yet they are still sending out motion alerts.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Why the massive change?  The UI was not broken!

My battery indicator shows up for about a second and then disappears.  

I can only see one camera at a time.  What happened to the multi camera view?

Is there an indicator showing that a manual snapshot has been taken.  I click on snapshot and can’t see that anything happened unless I look in my library.  Wasn’t there previously some sort of indicator for that?  I could be confusing it with another camera system which mimics a camera by QuickRing turning the image off and on.  A very nice effect.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

How can I tell?  It appears the display has been stripped of all useful information other than the last static image.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Or do they even use the camera system themselves ... at all?  

I can’t image a design team making design changes like this on purpose.  This is more like a V1.0 from a new company that does not yet know what their customers need in a good camera system.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I pressed the live button and while “live” I was looking at an image of my utility trailer full of wood that I emptied and moved over an hour ago.  I had to force close the app to get it to display a fresh image and when I tried to use the microphone icon to talk through the camera there was no indication the microphone icon did anything at all.

How can a development group possibly release a version so terribly flawed.  Was it pushed out in error while still under development?  Obviously it is no where close to being done.  This must be some early pre-production version of a new app on a completely new framework of some sort.  Please roll it back until you get done designing, building and testing it.

I’m using an iPhone XS, iOS 12.0.1 and a 10.5” iPad Pro also running 12.0.1.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

With the latest updates to the mobile app, some of the UI has been changed to enhance the overall user experience. For more information on these changes, take a look here: What enhancements are included in the Arlo app release version 2.6.0?

JamesC

jamesglewisf
Apprentice
Apprentice
LOL! I hope that post was meant to be funny. You can’t really be serious.
jamesglewisf
Apprentice
Apprentice
The “enhancements” took away functionality. Your development team obviously doesn’t use the product.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

The ratio of complaints to compliments pretty much says it.   With a ratio of All:0, the users are clearly not in agreement with the development team on the meaning of the phrase “enhancing the user experience”.

jamesglewisf
Apprentice
Apprentice
The number of videos is blank if the number is zero. It actually shows up if there are videos, so I remove that complaint. Not sure why they got rid of the zero, but that’s ok.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I monitor 32 Arlo cameras and I am Admin for 30 of those.  I guarantee you my experience is not enhanced by having to click on a menu icon for the majority of those cameras to check on their battery levels or solar charging status.  I am undoubtedly one of Arlo’s best customers and I am NOT happy!

jamesglewisf
Apprentice
Apprentice
Looks like someone merged my thread into someone else’s so that the title of my thread would not show up. Weenies. Don’t release a bad version of software if you can’t take the heat.
pluckytree
Star
Star

Every significant release of the Arlo software fills me with dread. There are always a few welcome bug fixes, but unwelcome changes and bugs abound. Is there a beta program where you can get feedback on usability issues so stuff like this doesn't ship?

Here's what I see:

- If I'm about to go out of town and I want to see the battery state of my ten cameras, I have to:

1. Click on the "..." button

2. Click on Device Settings (what's the point of this alert, just go to Device Settings)

3. Check the battery level

4. Thirty button clicks total compared to just scrolling. I understand the desire to reduce clutter but these were useful indicators.

- I want to watch a motion activated video

1. Start in portrait because landscape was inexplicably removed

2. Click on Play

3. Click on the full screen button

4. Rotate the device to watch the clip

5. Miss the first 10 seconds of the video, where the interesting part is

- I want to move the playhead for a movie

1. Click on the knob and drag

2. Screen animates to the next or previous video instead (this always happened in portrait but now it also happens in landscape

- I want to watch any movie or live video

1. Switch to portrait

2. Click on a movie

3. Click on full screen

4. Switch to landscape

5. Click exit full screen button

6. Start another movie and switch between them

7. Each movie involves rotating to portrait, then landscape, then portrait again. People don't watch movies in portrait, so the list of movies should match that so you don't have to sprain your wrist checking all your cameras.

Iamspartacus8
Star
Star

Could not agree more. This is 2 steps back as it relates to the functionality.  How can I roll this back?