Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo cameras - In my business during the day they last about a day

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
samseagle
Follower
Follower

Hi  I was told when I bought these that the battery would last 2 or 3 months.  In my business during the day they last about a day.  That's a sizable difference.  If that is how the batteries are then how do I get them hard wired.  I can not have this kind of recharging staff.

5 REPLIES 5
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@samseagle wrote:

Hi  I was told when I bought these that the battery would last 2 or 3 months.

That is my experience. Well, two  months.

The life of the battery depends on what you are asking the camera to do. If it has a rule that constantly triggers it to record, then the battery will die rapidly.

If you want help in diagnosing why your batteries are so short lived, then you'll have to tell people a bit about those rules on your system.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
st_shaw
Master Master
Master
Spoiler
The nominal battery life is based on 5 minutes of recording per day.  If your cameras are active five hours per day you would get 1/60th of the battery life 

You can run the cameras off wall power with a cable and a power adapter.
RetiredInFL
Aspirant
Aspirant
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

They also give you added features.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

@st_shaw wrote:
Spoiler
The nominal battery life is based on 5 minutes of recording per day.  If your cameras are active five hours per day you would get 1/60th of the battery life 

You can run the cameras off wall power with a cable and a power adapter.

I don't know how my first post ended up in a spoiler tag.  

The nominal battery life is based on 5 minutes of recording per day. If your cameras are active five hours per day you would get 1/60th of the battery life.  That would be about what you are getting.

You can run the cameras off wall power with a cable and a power adapter.  Others have given links above to power adapters.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation