Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo base station VMB4500 with 8 cameras connected - or had them connected. Currently the base station is flashing amber slowly. I factory reset it and it gave me a solid blue light and then back to flashing amber after 5 or so seconds. I cannot discover the device. Any advice/help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@7736 wrote:

I already replaced the cable with a cable that is known to work and it is plugged into a switch that has other stuff plugged into it that is working fine. I switch the port it was plugged into with another device and still no luck. The other device is working on the port I was using and the Arlo is not working in the port that worked fine for another device.

Sounds like it is almost certainly a failed base then.

New ones don't have the built-in siren, so if you use that feature you might consider getting a used VMB4000.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Try rebooting the internet network router first, wait 10mins for it to boot up and reconnect. Then power cycle the base station.

Use a pc web browser connected to the router and login to the my.arlo.com website.

ensure that the Base device has been removed from the arlo account before trying to add it again.

Aspirant
Aspirant

I went through and did exactly as you suggested - Still not able to find the device. I currently have no devices on my account because the base station was deleted. When I try to find the device, I get a message that it was not successful and recommends either to try again or factory reset - both of which I have done. I appreciate the help, unless you have any other ideas, I'm starting to think I just need to replace it. I just wanted to make sure I tried everything else first.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@7736 wrote:

unless you have any other ideas, I'm starting to think I just need to replace it. 

Does the smarthub appear in your router's attached device list?

Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I Just checked the list - it is not connected to my router at all.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@7736 wrote:

No, I Just checked the list - it is not connected to my router at all.

A working base will show up there even if it is not onboarded to an account.

Possiblities here include 

1. bad cable
  2. failed NIC port in the base
  3. failed LAN port (or ports) in the router.

I would double-check the ethernet connection between the base and the router.  Try a different cable if you have one.  Also try a different LAN port on the router (assuming it has more than one).

Also, if your PC has an ethernet port, try connecting the PC to the same cable.

Aspirant
Aspirant

I already replaced the cable with a cable that is known to work and it is plugged into a switch that has other stuff plugged into it that is working fine. I switch the port it was plugged into with another device and still no luck. The other device is working on the port I was using and the Arlo is not working in the port that worked fine for another device.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@7736 wrote:

Sounds like it is almost certainly a failed base then.

New ones don't have the built-in siren, so if you use that feature you might consider getting a used VMB4000.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation