Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base offline after firmware update

PaBa
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I was asked for the Base firmware update today. Since that the Apps and web say the Base is offline. I have tried to switch it off and on, check the cables and Internet connection. Everything is fine, the base has three solid green lines and seems to work perfectly. Still - according the apps it is offline. Any help or suggestions, please?

159 REPLIES 159
arlo_marti
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ChristineT @DawnM

After the random assortment of firmware updates, one of my Arlo Pro 2s continues to generaly display the "This Arlo device is offline" message. The camera sporadically comes back online, but then reverts to displaying the offline error message. The firmware doesn't seem to display consistently, so I've listed both that I've observed. The other Arlo Pro 2 camera appears operational. I did not experience the base station offline issue that seems prevalent in this topic. Here is the requested information:

ISP: Comcast

Arlo Pro 2

Firmware: either1.125.8.0_19174 or 1.125.5.0_17202

Hardware: H3

Arlo Pro 2

Firmware: 1.125.8.0_19174

Hardware: H3

Pro Base Station:

Firmware:1.10.0.4_20963

Hardware: VMB4000r3

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here. I was fine until this morning. Base station off-line.

ISP: RCN

Base station hardware: VMB4000r3

Two cameras hardware: H3

Everything says off-line.
mohamedb
Aspirant
Aspirant

so after disconneting and reconnecting 5 times, i was finally able to get my base station connected and my cameras working. so basically i unplugged the power and internet connection...deleted all devices from my profile, then i set up the whole system again. it was a hassle but got it working now...

Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor
Nearly 3 days off line , have tried all suggestions and no luck .

Any update to when this will be fixed ?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is continuing to deploy fixes resolving issues for users experiencing base station offline. If you continue to see this issue. Please reach out to me in a private message with your email address and I will escalate your information to the engineering team.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your understanding.

Click here if you need help sending a pm: Private Messenger

JamesC

Wiley58
Tutor
Tutor
Ok, so all my cameras and the base station works, but the time is wrong. I would have thought it pull from the network, but doesn’t. How do I adjust the time???
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Port 123 on the router shouldn't be blocked to arlo.netgear.com but that likely isn't your problem. Check the timezone for the base in Settings, My Devices. Maybe set it differently and then back. Restart the base also.

Wiley58
Tutor
Tutor
I don’t see settings for base setting logging into Arlo from web
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't see your base when using Settings, My Devices? What do you see?

Wiley58
Tutor
Tutor
Found setting, time is right, thanks!
Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor

Is there anybody else still offline this their ARLO PRO ???

Been ofline since the 14th and have tried everything with no luck !!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ifanj72,

Is the base station showing offline or just the camera? What have you tried so far?

You might trying plugging the camera in and resyncing.

JamesC

Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James ,

1. I have turned basestation off numerous times off and on.

2. . I have deleted cameras numerous times and reinstalled with no luck.

3. I have done a hard reset with no luck.

System comes on every 2 -3 hours with a couple of videos of motion even though cameras where deleted .

4. Every time I try and pres UPDATE For basestation it shuts down unit and says it’s off line and middle light continues to flass , hard green for power and amber on far left for camera .

On my phone up and on PC continues to show that an update from the 11th of May available :

Update 1.10.0.4_20963

Currently 1.9.8.0_16666

Soon as I press update on phone up or on PC the basestation shows amber or green for first light , amber for middle light and camera light far right goes amber or no light at all .

Base station serial number
4RE2797LA03BC

BASED IN AUSTRALIA

Then also in every attempt to update it also changes time zone and reshuffles order of cams

My email address is ivan.fanjek@aidacare.com.au
Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor
Internet connection working perfectly and all other devices all ok .

Arlo has worked perfectly since being installed OCT 2017 and have never seen an update request on my phone app or on PC before .

Update on Phone on MAY 11 did not give me an option to update just said that both basestation and cameras needed firm wear update which I proceeded to press YES and basically immediately started showing that basestation OFF LINE
Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor
BASE STATION is a VMB4000

Is this an ARLO PRO or PRO 2 ?

Is anybody else having this continued issue since MAY 11th update of basestation update ?
Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor
Hardware showing as VMB4000r3
Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor
Message continues to show :

“ A firmware update is required for your basestation and camera “

“ let’s start with the basestation “

GREEN BUTTON “Lets update basestation “
Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor
Time zone continues to revert back to PACIFIC TIME after I set it to CANBERRA SYDNEY MELBOURNE time AUSTRALIA
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ifanj72 wrote:
4. Every time I try and pres UPDATE For basestation it shuts down unit and says it’s off line and middle light continues to flass , hard green for power and amber on far left for camera .

A solid amber Camera LED means the base needs to be claimed. Since this seems to come and go, I'd suggest resetting the system and start fresh. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Perhaps press the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Check for firmware updates.

Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks I have done that multiple times.

I have removed all devices , basestation and 4 cameras from app.

Have powered down basestation multiple times .

Conducted full reset of basestation .

Loaded basestation and cameras again multiple times .

All will work BUT still showing base and cameras need update and base showing as offline , and devise continues to show that May 11 update needs to be downloaded !!!
Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor
Hello Arlo / Netgear Team

Re previous messages my Arlo Pro has now been offline since May 11th / 10 days and have tried every solution suggested .

Can we please have an update .

I have also opened a case number 30154881 and was told in the chat that this was a continuing and widespread issue but have not been notified what’s the problem or when will be resolved .

Never had a problem with my arlo basestation or camera’s before , All has been a great system up unitll May 11th.

Please let me know what is going on , surely you can have a look at my system remotely as it’s connected and you have my serial number ?

Thanks 🙏🏻
unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary
I have the same issue. They made me remove base station from account and then try to find it again but no go. I don't want to reset everything as I would need to reset everything and climb up on ladders to get the cameras. My serial number is 4R03757JAAB8F
Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor
Don’t worry , I have removed basestation and cameras and reinstalled basestation and cameras ( which I had to go up very high ladders to get to unfortunately) and still no luck 11 days later.

Issues all started from last update , before that perfectly good system and did not have a single issue , worked perfectly .

WHERE IS EVERYONE LOCATED WITH THESE ISSUES ??

I’m in Melbourne Australia
unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary
Are you saying that resetting the base station and resyncing the cameras didn't fix the offline issue?
Ifanj72
Tutor
Tutor
Correct , I have deleted all cameras and basestation a number of times now , all that is simple and works as normal until after a couple minutes it shows messages that base station and cameras need updating , absolute pain .

Has been a absolutely perfect system UNTILL the May 11 update .

I have reported the issue multiple times on here and to support and I’m sure there are many others with the same issue with no fix yet .

Very expensive camera / security set up that we rely on that now does not work .

need a fix or explanation please .