Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
t_00x
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Is there a way to extend / cancel the password / token expiration on the App used with the Arlo Pro 2 camera / base station combination?  It seems to expire every week or two, and resetting it is tedious since I use a complex password not stored on my phone.  

Thanks in advance for replies / assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @t_00x Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this? Maybe they will have a solution for you.  I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

James-521
Initiate
Initiate

Okay. I am now inclined to agree with other (Arlo 2) posts re: Access Token Expired.

DO NOT ENDORSE THE ARLO SYSTEMS to anyone you truly care about.

My experience today, June 11, 2019. Called tech support, 97 minutes, 60 of which was on hold.

This is my second go around with them, the first resulted in an RMA 3380660, replace hub/base station in the year of 2018. I am a tech savvy guy, so when I was my system went to Access Token Expired, I checked out the posts on this tech site. Waited five days for a system fix, didn't happen. I called today, woman in Philippines assisted me. She was great and knowledgeable, connection was sporadic.

We went through their entire steps/process to get the system working - NO GO. She recommended a placement hub/base station. said it would take 3 - 5 business days and issued a case # 40919158. Last time I was issued a RMA immediately and had the new hub in TWO - DAYS. Now the case # has to go to someone else for RMA approval. This is WEAK. Up until now, I have been an avid Netgear customer. YES, if and when I receive a new hub, I will have to take down/reinstall/program and return my cameras to their positions. Can you say hours + ladder? Thanks Arlo 2 Netgear. My S/O will be standing by while I do this, reminding me she wanted to use Simplisafe or a local company such as ADT. Funny thing, I almost had her convinced to upgrade to the Arlo subscription to get CVR.

When my system worked, I would rate it as good to very good, not great. The speakers on the cameras are a joke. But, the microphones to rather well, usually.

IF AND WHEN ARLO RESOLVES MY PROBLEM - I WILL GLADLY UPDATE THIS POST.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation