Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Solar Panel not working; Adapter version 1 vs Adapter version 2

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
banking
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think the problem is not the Arlo Solar Panel itself but is the adapter version 2 that is connected to Camera (the male) part. We own 5 Arlo solar panels with the Adapter version 1 and they all work fine. We just bought another solar panel and we notice that the male end of the Arlo Solar Panel  Adapter version 2 connection is different, it has the double round rubber that sticks out and this is making it more difficult to plug the male end of the adapter version 2 into the Arlo Pro Camera. I cannot understand why they change this. If you have a product that works fine and sometimes when change it to get creative, you make things worst. Watch the video and see for yourself, I do not know if your Arlo Solar Panel with the Adapter version 2 is working or not, but mines is not. 

I need to the Adapter version 1 that goes to the original Arlo Solar Panel. I need to ship the Adapter version 2 back to Arlo Net Gear and I need the original Arlo Solar Panel Adapter version 1. This could be many of you are having problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU62AkxnmpU&feature=youtu.be

****Watch the video I uploaded, this will explain it better.*****

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I cannot understand why they change this. If you have a product that works fine and sometimes when change it to get creative, you make things worst.

The reason for change is the older model is some cases was allowing water intrusion.... the two rings are sort of o-ring sealers.

They are more of a pin to get in place, but should be better as to keeping water out.

You need to contach Arlo support if you can't get this to work for you.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I cannot understand why they change this. If you have a product that works fine and sometimes when change it to get creative, you make things worst.

The reason for change is the older model is some cases was allowing water intrusion.... the two rings are sort of o-ring sealers.

They are more of a pin to get in place, but should be better as to keeping water out.

You need to contach Arlo support if you can't get this to work for you.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation