Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jeffred50
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not recieve the lock screen or vibration notification. I just receive the email notification and I already had that with the basic purchase. The cell phone is set up for those notifications. I have a Samsung 7 cell phone.

13 REPLIES 13
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have the camera Active & enabled under Manage Arlo Smart in the settings?

Jeffred50
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I do.  Don't know how the word Rich got in my question.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this issue reoccurring or did it just start? Have you tried to remove /reinstall the Arlo Mobile App and test again? 

Jeffred50
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's been this way since I added Arlosmart. I reinstalled the app on my phone. The cameras work but now I don't even get an email notifying me.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you checked your rules to make sure push notifications/email alerts are selected? Are the emails going into a spam folder by chance?

Jeffred50
Aspirant
Aspirant

The emails are not in the spam folder. I do not see where the email alerts are listed. The push notification is set to people only.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The push notifications & email alerts are located within the rules of the modes.You will need to go to Mode > Desired Mode/Pencil Icon > Rules > Pencil Icon > Alerts (at the bottom) > Check one or both > Save

Jeffred50
Aspirant
Aspirant

Email is back up and running but no phone vibration or notification tone, although they are set in "notifications"

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you using the latest Arlo Mobile App 2.7.1?

Jeffred50
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I also checked and all the notifications were set on.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try and clear your cache & test again.

Jeffred50
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cleared cahce and tested. Received the emails but nothing else.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation