Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Secure trial and adding Arlo Pro 3 to VMB 4000 hub

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tencherman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have x3 Pro 2 cams hooked up to the VMB 4000 hub they came with, plus x1 Arlo Q linked directly to the router. I'm considering adding a Pro 3 as an additional cam to see if the extra resolution and spotlight feature are worth it.

Q1. The Pro 3 (NOS) comes with a 3 month trial of Arlo Secure. During the trial period are the other cameras added to the Arlo Secure subscription or is it only the  Pro 3 that's included during the trial period?

Q2. Assuming it's the latter (Arlo not being famous for backward compatibility until forced) if I buy an Arlo Secure subscription are the other 4 cameras (Pro 2 & Arlo Q) added seamlessly to Arlo Secure and able to benefit ftrom the additional features i.e. 30 day storage; 'clever' notifications etc. ?

Thanking you in anticpation

Crispin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tencherman wrote:

Q1. The Pro 3 (NOS) comes with a 3 month trial of Arlo Secure. During the trial period are the other cameras added to the Arlo Secure subscription or is it only the  Pro 3 that's included during the trial period?

Just the Pro 3.  Your existing cameras will continue to work as they do now (still having the 7 days of free cloud storage).

@tencherman wrote:

if I buy an Arlo Secure subscription are the other 4 cameras (Pro 2 & Arlo Q) added seamlessly to Arlo Secure and able to benefit ftrom the additional features i.e. 30 day storage; 'clever' notifications etc. ?

Yes - assuming you purchase a multicamera subscription plan.  After that you simply move the cameras into the plan in the subscription area of the account.  The multicamera plan has no camera limit.

The other option is to get a less expensive single camera plan.  In that case, just the Pro 3 will get the additional features.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tencherman wrote:

Just the Pro 3.  Your existing cameras will continue to work as they do now (still having the 7 days of free cloud storage).

@tencherman wrote:

if I buy an Arlo Secure subscription are the other 4 cameras (Pro 2 & Arlo Q) added seamlessly to Arlo Secure and able to benefit ftrom the additional features i.e. 30 day storage; 'clever' notifications etc. ?

Yes - assuming you purchase a multicamera subscription plan.  After that you simply move the cameras into the plan in the subscription area of the account.  The multicamera plan has no camera limit.

The other option is to get a less expensive single camera plan.  In that case, just the Pro 3 will get the additional features.

tencherman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks StephenB!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation