Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
cthammer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Camera set for record until activity stops and did for 43 secs while dogs fighting. Stopped recording during fight then started up again 29 minutes later after injures dog moved across FOV. Why would it stop during activity and why not start up again within 29 minutes even though there was plenty of activity, proven by the damage to the dog from the fight?
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the camera STOPS seeing motion it will stop ... then there is the reset time of about 15+ seconds...

If it doesn't see motion , it doesn't record.

I recommend NOT using "till motion stops " but a fixed time... never liked the way it stopped.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
cthammer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the prompt reply TomMac, however what it sounds like is there is a bug in the system and based on past posts, has been there since at least 2016. I would have thought Arlo would address this. The troubles with using a fixed time are, limited to 120 secs compared to 300 secs on dynamic mode and, all videos will be at that fixed time and take up too much data. I am on a limited data plan on satellite internet so need to be frugal with usage. On dynamic mode I usually get small videos if there is not much activity, but I want to have as much as possible when there is activity that lasts longer and may be significant. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @cthammer @mikebalboa

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

mikebalboa
Guide
Guide

I’m also having this issue. Recordings are usually about 20 seconds long, even though motion has continued for much longer. For some reason, the recordings are longer when, “Arlo Smart” detects a package. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation