Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Z3
Aspirant
Aspirant

731E2C55-8323-415D-9193-0221AB702161.jpegHello,

I have Arlo Pro2, starting from yesterday could not view library videos. Library shows blank icons with exact time of recording but if you try to watch it appear a message “A server with the specified host name could not be found”. Everything else work fine.  Notifications receiving without problem, live view also work perfectly. Already logged out and logged in but it not helps. I’m using iOS app. May be anybody knows how to solve it? 

Thank you in advace,

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That kinda sounds like a DNS problem to me. Since you're using a phone, try both WiFi and cell service - one should work.

Z3
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dear Jguerdat,

Thank you for quick reply. I tried both WiFi and LTE, but no success. Restart all devices Arlo, modem and IPhone with iPad., but still have same problems. It’s started yesterday.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Where are you located and what ISP and cell provider?

Do you have a computer handy? WHat happens if you open a command window and type in:

ping arlo.netgear.com

There won't be any replies but you should see a reply that you can copy and paste here. If no computer, use a ping app to do the same thing. If using the app, do it on both cell service and WiFi.

Z3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m right now in Kazakhstan (Central Asia). I tried VPN with US address and it’s work. It seem Netgear block access from some countries. This is really inconvenient especially when you are in trip abroad. So after investing in ArloPro and ArloPro2 (4 cameras total) I can’t use full features in some countries during trip. Customers should know about possible limitation of service abroad.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not really an Arlo issue since there's no way they can control what any country does to the Internet. There's a real reason for enforcing net neutrality all over the world.

Z3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Netgear sorry, my bad. Today I made research and found out that many internet users here (in Kazakhstan) experiencing problems even with YouTube. 

So I believe that we should warn Kazakhstani users that some features may be limited.

Great part - people use optic, and many state services in digital format country well developing, on other hand for unknown reasons even IoT limited by DNS control. So #Kazakhstan digitalization seems to be post pone for long time. 

Z3
Aspirant
Aspirant
Z3
Aspirant
Aspirant

May be Amazon DNS blocking by officials, same story was with smart home heater from Ariston last year in Russia. Officials tried to block some messengers such as Telegram and blocked millions IP addresses, most of them belongs to Google and Amazon and been leased by IT services, especially for cloud services. 

Anyhow Internet provider checked my complain and informed that this is not their block and suggest that Netgear could block Kazakhstan connections. Same situation for connection via LTE, only VPN allows to connect. It seems that it’s fully regional restriction from Netgear of from Kazakh Government. 

Its strange anyway if Netgear don’t want to provide services to other countries or if Kazakh Goverment tread US company as criminals and blocking its content same way as terrorist, violence or sexual abuse. Or maybe it’s just somebody’s mistake or equipment bug.  Who knows, but the fact is that connection is blocked...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ALso, are you using a VPN? That can cause problems.

An open Internet is crucial for all countries and people.

drailswife
Guide
Guide

I’m having this same issue for the past 3 days. It’s extremely annoying and I need to know how to fix it! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using a VPN? Have you rebooted your router and base, in that order? What DNS servers is your router configured to use?

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation