Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

TheMarty
Star
Star
Anyone else got a broke system? As of Friday morning sometime, my Arlo Pro2 cameras have stopped shoeing a live view, recording movement, etc. They show as connected. - I have done NO CHANGES prior to the working Arlo system. I believe this to be a buggy server push to my base station. - Removed cameras and base station. - Added base station and cameras as new devices (twice) - rebooted/cycled modem/router and Arlo Base station for 11 minutes (3 times) - IOS devices say "Cannot connect to cameras ) they time out. PC running WINDOWS 10 error is attached as image file to this post. Basically gives me a media server error. - All Arlo firmware is up to date. I called Arlo support to file a ticket but if this is not sorted in 48 hours I'm dumping this back to Best Buy. I didn't buy a security system to have it not function!
161 REPLIES 161
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is investigating the cause of these issues. For those of you who experienced issues with the previous firmware version, we'd like to know the following:

-Your internet service provider (Verizon, AT&T U-verse, Cox Cable, etc.)
-Details about your network setup (Firewalls, non-standard router configurations, etc.)
-Router/Modem make and model (NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000, etc.)

More details the better! Please let us know.

Thank you,
JamesC

Mikey2Bats
Guide
Guide
I did and the extender as well for whatever reason NOW the firmware update has gone through and everything is running smoothly again. Not sure why it drops off line but I will watch and see what happens next
MikeR-Pro2
Tutor
Tutor

Base station: VMB4000r3; 3 Cameras:  

Subject: Inquiry: Unable to stream 3 cameras//No motion detection.

Description: Inquiry: Unable to stream 3 cameras//No motion detection.

• Firmware  - Base Station: 1.12.2.0_27940,  Cameras:  1.125.13.0_31717
• Error Message: "There was a problem establishing connection to the media server."
• 3 of 3 cameras are affected
• ISP:  Rogers Communications, Canada

Cable Router/Modem:  Make - Hitron,  Model - CGN3ACSMR
• Computer and phone. (HP h8-1020 desktop and Lenovo Yoga 710151KB laptop , Nokia 920 cell phone: Windows); 

Interacting with Arlo system via web app on Chrome and Edge browsers; cell phone not used for this.
• Tried re-syncing the camera.
• Tried re-starting (power off/on) the base station.
• Remove the camera from the acct.
• Power cycle the camera (bettery removed & reinstalled).

Added camera back onto my Arlo acct.
• Tried Motion detection ( amber led on camera working)

Position Mode not working

Video Settings working
• Cameras are 10 ft ,15 ft and 25 ft away from the base station (very adequate WiFi signal strength).

Troubleshooting/Summary details:
• Power cycle the network (cable router).
• Log back in to the arlo acct ? Devices ? Stream the camera ?
Error Message: "There was a problem establishing connection to the media server."

Chengsf
Tutor
Tutor

The issue is now resolved.   The motion detection returned yesterday, 2 days after the problem started but still no live view.  Today, 3 days after the issue surfaced, live view is working again.  Didn’t do anything since writing my original post.  The issue auto-magically solved itself.  

MursePaolo
Tutor
Tutor
Just updated to the latest Arlo Pro 2 firmware and now my motion detection doesn't work. I tried restarting the cameras and hub. Even motion test doesn't work, but the camera responds to commands from the app.
Joerlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
My base station has all green LEDs with the middle one flashing on occasion. I few days ago the cameras seem to stop recording and they seemed as if off. The next day I decided to reboot the base station, and now the "base station is offline" according the iPhone app and the website. Bad timing since we are trying to document a known stalker and his truck as we try and get a restraining order served. I've rebooted, reset, and tried to find something to change in the my router settings, but nothings helps. I have 2 Arlo Pro2 cameras and one Arlo Pro camera and the base station VMB4000 with the three LEDs. I'm getting desperate. I've been at this for hours and it's just a troubleshooting website circle. This worked for many months with no problems. Advice needed. I'm a tech, so I usually can find my way around these things.
Dannybear
Master
Master
If you have a look at the recent threads on the forum you will find the reason and what was the fix.
The latest firmware update has been reverted so you will need to reset the base so you can go backwards.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Is that

Firmware 1.125.13.0_31717

on the camera?

Certainly causing problems here too.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I see that it has also reset the time zone to the West Coast. I am in GMT (summer time).

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
myntric
Aspirant
Aspirant

Internet Provider: Comcast Business

Network: Google Wifi Mesh network (3 units).  Base station hard-wired to unit in upstairs office.  

MursePaolo
Tutor
Tutor
Yes that's the same firmware that's causing my issues.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I checked and corrected the time zone.

I then used the graphical user interface in the browser to reboot the hub.

That took longer than usual, but on reboot things seem  to have come back to normal.

Just another user
MursePaolo
Tutor
Tutor

@michaelkenward wrote:

I checked and corrected the time zone.

I then used the graphical user interface in the browser to reboot the hub.

That took longer than usual, but on reboot things seem  to have come back to normal.

Unfortunately, that did not work for me. I chatted with Arlo support too and they could not figure it out. My case is now escalated up the chain and I'm just waiting for an email from them. My cameras are now just very expensive decorations outside my home.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Drat.

I did hear that there has been a hiccup in the update process.

So they should know about this at higher levels.

Just another user
bubbasw
Apprentice
Apprentice

Was not my firwall turned it back to full and works fine now. I think Arlo's servers were down as I am reading some of the others posts.  WHy don't they post it when there is a problem?? A simple news or ouutages tab would work.... 

bubbasw
Apprentice
Apprentice

• ISP: Rogers Communications, Canada
• Cable Router/Modem: Make - Hitron, Model - CGN3ACSMR

Sam as mine.

EDS40
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is some very good advice> 

Joerlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

This forum is not any fun to try and navigate.  I haven't found any answers yet. Reseting the base station (via the reset buttom with a paper clip) did not help.    Whether it did some automatic firmware update, I cannot tell. Whether it will do some sort of automatic firmware revert after reset is non-evident in any way.   

Dannybear
Master
Master
@Joerlo
Yes, agree especially as someone is compiling all threads about the issue into this thread. Just makes it hard to track who is saying what, when and where.
The reset requirement I believe was to power reset the base so that it checked the current base station firmware version and reverted it back to previous.
I could point you to the exact post in the thread but as the thread is changing the post gets renumbered.
I will try finding it again and post a link in my next post.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Links are not working so look at message 110 of this thread.
Joerlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the message "To power cycle, choose the ‘restart’ option under your Device settings within the Arlo app or by unplugging and re-plugging power to your base station." 

But Device settings only show Device info; hardware and serial number, and otherwise show offline.  

No changes in Offline status after rebooted, reseting and opening up both port 80 and 443 on the VMB4000r3 too.  Still shows green status lights as online, but base station offline as far as web and app are concerned.  Perhaps magically it'll be fixed overnight?

Perhaps I should "Remove the Device" (the base station) and start all over?  That'll be my next move I suppose, but I didn't want to have to redo all my other settings for the cameras.

Dannybear
Master
Master
You previously mentioned performing the factory reset so you will need to remove the base from your account and add back in.
Joerlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is hitting the reset button on the unit a factory reset?  Because somewhere in these discussions, a reset was mentioned as the way to trigger a firmware update.

Joerlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is hitting the reset button on the unit a "factory reset"?  Because somewhere in these discussions, a reset was mentioned as the way to trigger a firmware update.

Dannybear
Master
Master
The reset method mentioned is a warm reset that can be performed using the App under the base settings.
A power reset is turning off and on the base station either by switch or unplugging.
A factory reset is using the paper clip method that resets all settings to default. Refer link below,

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values