Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro streaming resolution

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
TrietTran
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

I plan to buy some Arlo Pro for my home but don't know if it can support concurrently streaming and Record at Full HD resolution?

Also, how many camera that the base can support to at Full HD resolution concurrently?

Thanks

Triet Tran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo Pro base ( and original base ) can support a max of 5 streaming cameras at the same time

If more cams are needed , you can use another base ( no limit on any service level ) with a higher service ( $)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo Pro base ( and original base ) can support a max of 5 streaming cameras at the same time

If more cams are needed , you can use another base ( no limit on any service level ) with a higher service ( $)

floodofnoise
Guide
Guide

If the max is 5 per base then why would they have a package that includes 6 cameras and only one base?

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I believe the base station can handle up to 15 cameras. Your cloud storage for a free is 5 cameras
TrietTran
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you let me know which base model number that can support more than 5 cameras doing streaming full HD concurrently?

Whether streamming and storing are independent ? Or icreasing streaming thread would make reducing storing threads?

How many combination of streaming and storing threads that the Arlo Pro Base support concurently?

Best regards
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Currently no base can handle more than 5 concurrent streaming cameras. That's usually not a problem since most instances would have fewer cameras recording/streaming at once but that may not be true in your case.  If that's a limitation, use a second base so you could stream 10 cameras at once, 5 per base. Of course, your Internet upload speed could then be an issue (could max out around 15Mbs just for the cameras).

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
PRODUCTSArloToggle Menu
Johnny290
Johnny290

Search the community...
Submit
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Ask a Question

This topic has been marked solved and closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
Buying Tips

Topic Options

Poggo
Poggo Follower
Follower
‎2016-03-18 09:25 AM
How many cameras can one base station handle?
Hi all I am trying to work out how many devices one base station can handle. Ie my current need is for 2 cameras but what if I want to extend that later? Are all base stations the same and the only difference between each "kit" is the number of Cameras it is supplied with or if I want 4 cameras can I buy a 2 camera plus base station now and add 2 cameras later or do I buy a base station that allows 4 but only by the two cameras?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Message 1 of 18
Labels:
Before You Buy
Tags (0)
Add tags
2 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
GuruTomMac Guru
Guru
‎2016-03-18 09:36 AM
Re: How many cameras can one base station handle?
The amount of cameras ONE base can handle is based on your account level...
basic(free) is 5, next is 10 and highest is 15. ( all bases are the same
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
The max number of cameras any one base can handle is 15. ( also the max on any account )

But there different numbers of cams based on your service level.
Basic ( free) is 5.... Premier is 10..... Elite is 15
TrietTran
Aspirant
Aspirant
If I combine the answers from jguerdat and Johny290 the answer for my question is that Arlo Pro base can support Full HD streaming for 5 cameras concurrently, and depend on the selected service option, total number of camera that allowed connecting to a base is up to 15.
Is this correct?

Thanks
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Yes I believe so
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Absolutely.

TrietTran
Aspirant
Aspirant

My last question is that whether Arlo Pro can handle STREAMING Up and STORE Video at the Full HD resolution? If yes, what is the Max fps?

Thanks 

Triet Tran

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro cameras don't do full HD - they're 720p, not 1080p. 

Bandwidth usage is spelled out in the FAQs here:

https://kb.arlo.com/3201/How-much-bandwidth-does-an-Arlo-camera-use-when-it-is-capturing-video

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

floodofnoise wrote:

If the max is 5 per base then why would they have a package that includes 6 cameras and only one base?

A package of six cameras ( is/was ) a special package where during setup you used a given code to allow 6 cameras to be uses on a free ( Basic ) service level.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Base Station can handle a maximum of 15 cameras
Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation