Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Station keeps resetting itself and going offline intermittently

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
johnboydavis
Apprentice
Apprentice

now seems to be working ok on both of my base units for the last 2 days

theITrebel
Guide
Guide
Me me me! Just updated the iOS app and still doing the same crap. Base station is offline as I type this. I’m sick of this POS!

Just bought a ring camera to see if they work better. If Arlo doesn’t fix this in the next day or two, they’ve probably lost me as a customer permanently.
arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

You are all focusing on the wrong issue. The time zone change is NOT the problem, it's the symptom of the base being reset, going offline, and reverting to factory default. The fix needs to address why the base is resetting itself, not the why it changes time zones.

Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice
My base stations are going offline every 2 hours, leaving me in the dark.

Worst security camera.
csalev3
Aspirant
Aspirant
JayEss
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still no improvement.  I did submit information on router specifications and other detail to Derrick a couple of days ago pursuant to my feedback on his recommended solution not yielding results.  The sytstem disconnects and re-sets time to Pacific several times a day.  I have been monitoring camers frequently and re-setting to Easter to keep the recordings relevant and working.  However, this is not a sustainable model and given the number of similar issues on this board, Arlo's inability to solve through support or otherwise, perhaps just go back to the last working version of the firmware (if that is the issue) until its figured out.   Needless to say, this is extremely frustrating for a system that is brand new (< 6 mo) with cameras plugged-in and located in hard to reach areas. 

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

I tell you what: If that thing resets the Time Zone one more time, I'll throw the useless POS out the closed front door...

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Hello we have the same problem. We had Arlo Pro for @ 2 years with little problems. But after the last update where we lost library recordings and notifications for a few days the base Station goes offline many times a day. We have tried 2 different base stations 2 different routers diff Ethernet and power cords. Nothing helps. The base goes offline and won’t come back online. Other devices on the internet work fine. We have called arlo tech support and the said they would escalate our case up to level 2 but we haven’t heard anything yet. And the brand new base station we got still has the same problems as the replacement one we got from arlo. All the base stations will go offline several times a day. This happened right after the last update of arlo firmware. Please someone help to look into this.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, Arlo doesn't charge after 90 days. Feel free to use any contact method (chat or phone) that works for you.

@Ebony56 wrote:

I don't know what the LEDs on the base station do every time it happens as it's at my parents' home, some miles away from me, but I was here when it went out today, and the internet light went amber, flickering, and then solid.

Solid what - amber or green? Amber at any time means loss of connection to the servers. I would start by rebooting your modem, router and base, in that order. If that doesn't solve it, it's possible that it's an ISP issue or possibly a hardware issue with the base, although I don't really think that to be the case.

You mention having changed the port - have you also changed the cable?

Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is what the Arlo tech said:

"Andrea Von C

i just check that with my team. This regarding with the update of base firmware

My apologies for inconvenience. Updated firmware of the base has cause this common concern.

For now we do not have specific time for the fixed. We are still waiting also from our engineering team for updates."

So, we are doomed.

Ebony56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Edited to add: this was supposed to be a reply to ChinJing. Evidently I haven't got the hang of this forum yet.  Sorry.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you're having.

Ebony56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much for your answer.  The support website said a small charge would be made for telephone support after 90 days, so I took it at face value.  But if that's not the case, I'll give them a call because I can't get live chat to work at all. 

Solid what - amber or green? Amber at any time means loss of connection to the servers. I would start by rebooting your modem, router and base, in that order. If that doesn't solve it, it's possible that it's an ISP issue or possibly a hardware issue with the base, although I don't really think that to be the case.

Sorry - I was ambiguous.  It blinked amber, then went to solid amber.  I tried rebooting the modem/router (they have a combined one) and then the base, with no success - the base went offline again later.

I didn't try changing the cable as my parents don't have a spare one.  I'm going to take one with me next time I go and see if that fixes the issue.  I just wondered in the meantime if there's anything else I can look at.

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer, and I'll definitely try another ethernet cable.

JayEss
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ugh, its getting worse, now completely disconnected... "Your device is not connected." Can't be true as it is plugged into the router and I know there is internet since Ring and other devices are working.  Looks like another climb up the ladder to push the red botton when I get home. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue with your base station going offline? What device & OS are you using? Is this occurring on the Arlo Mobile App & Web?

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
We were able to get the base station back online for a while by unplugging the base station power cord and then plugging it back in again. This helped it get online but then a few hours later it goes offline again. The cameras status in the app just says getting status and the app doesn’t specifically say the base is offline. But the light on the base is Amber solid amber. And there is no connection at all with any cameras having any info on them.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding these reports.

- Which model base station are you experiencing the offline issues with?

- Are you using Android or IOS? 

- Is this appearing on the Arlo Mobile App & Web?

arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine has reset FOUR times today alone and it's only 3:00 pm!

arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

This has nothing to do with your router. This is entirely on Arlo for pushing out a firmware update to the Base that has screwed everything up. Cannot imagine why they haven't fixed this yet.

joeinohio
Aspirant
Aspirant

HW: VMB4000r3

Firmware: 1.12.2.1_2798

My system is resetting to Pacific Time at some point...I've corrected it manually twice but has done it again.  My system is activated on a schedule so this is not a good thing for me at all

4u
Guide
Guide

Woke up this morning, checked the app and yep, sure enough, its back to pacific time.

Is there something we can do other than take the system back to the shop?

Pathetic netgear arlo.

Everyone be sure to leave there reviews and feedback at the relevant addresses. Eg product review tech forums, Amazon, ebay etc...

John-Paul
Guide
Guide

im still under warranty, so they just sent me a replacement one and it was damaged will have to resend back and waiting for another undamaged one lol.before sending mine. just afraid to have to send back the original arlo basestation pro 2 that costed me around ONE thousand dollars to receive basestation that who knows where it really came from;(

John-Paul
Guide
Guide

apple iphone and apple computer. phone and computer are updated

every thing was working awesome for the longest time. almost a year with no really problems.

John-Paul
Guide
Guide

the tech i was talking to told me that maybe my basestation was defective. so they sent me a replacement one but it showed up today and wasnt in a new arlo box just in normal cardboard box with bubble wrap.

looks to be package good but the alro basestation looks to be dropped and damaged .

Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice
VMB4000r3 base station with Firmware 1.12.2.1_2798

Causing problems on Desktop and ios app.

The tech said it’s their new firmware which is causing offline problems. No ETA on fix
Js68street
Star
Star
Still having the same Pacific time issue except now all my cameras motion settings are changing from 100 to 80 this is now the 3rd time I have had to change them back. From the lack of response from Arlo it seems they could care less about reassuring all of us who have spent a lot of money on this system that they are doing something to fix this, instead I get the impression we would be better off returning this to where it was purchased from and go with a company and camera system we can count on because Netgear/Arlo is definitely not that company