Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 won't update firmware even after accepting to update firmware

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Haylock72
Guide
Guide

Hi, I went to view my cameras (Arlo 4030P) this morning and was presented with ‘Update your camera’s firmware now’, clicking ‘update camera’ bring up message ‘The update process can take up to five minutes............ Do you want to update your xxxxxx to 1.125.13.0_31717 - 14th March 2019? Clicking ‘Yes’ brings up ‘Firmware update in progress, do not remove batteries’ After about 20 seconds the prompt returns to ‘Update your cameras firmware now’..... I left them and still they do not update and I’ve even gone through Settings - My Device - Device Name - Device Info..... does not result in a firmware update. Any ideas? Thanks, Justin

8 REPLIES 8
Puraj83
Tutor
Tutor

Same thing here

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the base. Reinserting the battery may help, too.

boyelectric
Guide
Guide

Same on all my cameras. I have restarted the base station, taken out batteries, etc. Numerous times... Still stuck at the "update firmware" screen, which now prevents live view in the iOS app.

it wants to update to 1.125.13.0_31717

boyelectric
Guide
Guide

Same on all my cameras. I have restarted the base station, taken out batteries, etc. Numerous times... Still stuck at the "update firmware" screen, which now prevents live view in the iOS app.

Right before it tries to update to 1.125.13.0_31717, it briefly shows that it is on 1.125.11.4_29092

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @boyelectric,

Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and restarting your iPhone to see if the "update firmware" screen goes away?

Haylock72
Guide
Guide

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I have 

rebooted hub - no change

reinserted batteries - no change

reinstalled Arlo app - no change

😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dunno why but you may need to reset the system to fix things. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. After it reboots, claim it normally. Sync cameras. Update firmware as you go.

If you do this, note your settings, Modes, rules and schedule before the reset to speed rebuilding.

Haylock72
Guide
Guide

Didn’t fancy the idea I’d having to reset everything (took 3 month to get the kit working in the first Place), so I waited and very glad I’d did.

this morning I was greeted by a message that said my camera and HUB needed a firmware upgrade and of course suggest I started with the hub.

First attempt failed but second was successful and after that I was able to upgrade the firmware in the cameras too.

my hub is now on 1.12.2.0_2794 (apparently released 27th March)

cameras are on 1.125.13_31717

I had to set time zone to GMT not sure if this a effect of the f/w or if I’d acccidentally changed it

thank you all for your suggestions

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation