Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
joe1821
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have had many problems getting my Arlo Pro 2 set up the way I want it.  Last night I found that it was working just fine if I have both cameras running on the batteries, but when I tried to use the adapter on one of them, neither of them would detect motion.  I just now tried using the power adapter on one of my cams but not on the other, so I have one on battery power.  The one on battery power is not detecting motion, but the one on the power adapter is detecting motion.  If the power adapter is used, does it have to be used on ALL cameras?  I would love to know some answers so I can have my system working.

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @joe1821

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

joe1821
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi ShayneS.  After I reset the hub, and both cameras, I now have both cameras operating properly.  One is on the battery and one is on the power adapter.  Since I had planned to have both of them on an adapter anyway, I have ordered a second adapter.  I think it would have been nice if Arlo would have included 2 power adapters in the system since they include 2 cameras, but it is what it is.  Thanks for your input on the problem however.  I will visit this site in the future often so I can learn about this system because in fact I researched other systems for several weeks before deciding I liked the features in the Arlo Pro 2 system the best.  Thanks again ShayneS.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@joe1821

That is great news!

Please ask any questions you may have anytime.

joe1821
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unfortunately ShayneS the great news is over.  I am consistently having problems with the camera that is on battery power.  The one that is on the adapter is about 80% reliable but the one on the battery is very consistent in not detecting anything.  The red LEDs are often not operating when I am right in front of the camera at 1 o'clock in the morning when it is pitch black outside.  Removing it from the system and reinstalling it seems to be the only thing that I can do to make it work again.  The only reason I am not too worried about it is that, as I stated previously I am going to have both cameras on adapter power as soon as the adapter that I ordered gets here.  I don't see any reasonable explanation however why the battery operated unit is so unreliable, however I have seen many complaints here about using the cameras with battery power so I am in that group as well.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I would suggest contacting Customer Support to further investigate this issue. Arlo Tech Support

joe1821
Apprentice
Apprentice

Shayne, I don't know whether having both cameras on a power adapter will solve my problems or not, however in a day or two I will have the 2nd power adapter and I will monitor it several times a day and I will give feedback here as to whether it did solve those problems.  I think that Netgear needs to look into their electronics and the software and make SURE that the Arlo Pro 2 performs as it is advertised to.  I researched both the Arlo and the Blink systems before I bought the Arlo Pro 2, but the reasons that I bought the Arlo was because of the fact that it's wireless, and the fact that a friend of mine said he wished that he had bought the Arlo instead of the Blink because of the Arlo's functionality compared to the Blink.  However, if my friend had bought the Arlo instead, I am confident that he would have had similar problems as I have had with it, and from the complaints I have seen here which echo mine, I believe I would be hearing the same from him.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@joe1821 wrote: I think that Netgear needs to look

Just to clarify - Arlo split off from Netgear quite a while ago.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation