Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Blurry/foggy image on lens

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Morphed
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a couple of Arlo pro 2 cameras set outside and the image on one of them is useless at night and early in the morning. During the day the image becomes as normal, but during the night and early morning it is seems blurry and foggy. I have no skins on it and since the image is good during the day I assume it is not because of a dirty lens, anyone seen anything like this before? Is it broken?

9 REPLIES 9
Morphed
Aspirant
Aspirant
Night image, night vision on
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Morphed

This issue may be from the dew in the mornings. Have you been able to physically check your camera for any moisture on the lens?

TheWolk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Your camera has dirty lens. I had the same issue with my outside located cameras. Gentle wipe with a soft cloth does the magic!

Morphed
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

Yeah seems to be dew, the lens is not dirty it just fogs up during the night and early morning. How do I fix that? Because the cameras are supposed to be weather proof and if the image gets all blurry from dew then they serve no purpose during those hours 😕
TheWolk
Apprentice
Apprentice
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Morphed wrote:
Yeah seems to be dew, the lens is not dirty it just fogs up during the night and early morning. How do I fix that?

Rain-X works (likely there are similar products that will too).

crosskar1
Initiate
Initiate

I am also having this problem I @StephenB  just purchased a 4 camera Arlo Pro 2 system to camera so perfectly clear images outside at night two of them are foggy I have set up multiple Arlo systems and have never had this experience it almost looks as though the plastic protective coating is still on it but it is not

PiperG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a similar issue with one of my three cameras. Occasionally, the camera appears to have Vaseline smeared on it. It doesn't and it will clear up on it's own. But, all the videos for the day will also appear "smeared" as well as the live feed. It just goes away on it's own. Any ideas?

I tried to attach a video clip but Arlo would not let me post an mp4 extension.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PiperG wrote:

I have a similar issue with one of my three cameras. Occasionally, the camera appears to have Vaseline smeared on it. It doesn't and it will clear up on it's own.

Did you try Rain-X (or a competing product)?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation