Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice

I hooked up solar panel to one of my Pro2 cameras to try it out. Should there be a solar icon in the app on this camera? I read a page that showed solar status icons but wondering if it's for a different camera model. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice

Issue is resolved. Turned out to be the camera USB port.  I switched it out with another camera, and now I see the solar icon and lighting bolt in the app.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the battery is 100%, it may just show a full battery icon (that's what it's been showing me for a while). Check the actual battery level to verify. Otherwise, the solar panel should cause a lightning bolt icon through the battery when it's charging (sunlight required).

https://kb.arlo.com/zh_TW/1179176/What-do-my-Arlo-camera-s-battery-level-icons-and-notifications-mea...

texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is that with Pro 2? My solar panel is working, because the camera is staying at 100% with high traffic. However, the app is not showing any charging icon at any time. I've been watching it all day. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that the Pro 2 action would be different - I can't say since I have no older cameras in use at all. However, there have been issues with battery icon displays over time so I'd try both the app as well as the web client to verify that they show the same thing.

texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice

That was a good suggestion to check the web portal. I did and don't see a solar icon nor a lightning bolt through the battery. I'm starting to think Pro2 firmware doesn't support it. Oh well. The important thing is it's charging. Thanks for your help. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice

Issue is resolved. Turned out to be the camera USB port.  I switched it out with another camera, and now I see the solar icon and lighting bolt in the app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation