Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 system says subscription is needed after adding cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AUGUSTROUSE1964
Follower
Follower

I purchased an Arlo Pro 2 system with three cameras. It says it comes with free rolling 7 day recording. After syncing the cameras to the base station it tells me the cameras are inactive and that a paid subscription is needed. It does not offer me an option to purchase a subscription. I have gone through the process to set up the system many times. The cameras were synced while they were setting on top of the base station. Any ideas.

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

The pro2 does have the 7 day recording for up to 5 cams.  Have you tried removing them and resyncing the to see if it help to get rid if them being inactive? Sometimes the "need a subscription" comes up and people have still have recordings but since yours say inactive that may be different. Not sure if it will make a difference but resync them a little farther away then the top of base. 

RedCab
Guide
Guide

I had a similar issue when I just replaced 2 Pro cameras with "Pro 2" in my 5 camera system.

First pass I added the two new camera and got the same error you see. Then I deleted 2 camera (now 5) and although the error message changed I could not see any video on the new cameras without hitting the "you need a subscription" page.

THE FIX...  I deleted the 2 cameras leaving my system BEFORE adding the 2 new ones in.  No problem. Software was happy.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation