Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Wuthrich7
Tutor
Tutor

Hi All,

Very frustrated first off with Arlo Support,  there is none.   

anyway suddenly my 3 cameras are not recording or alerting to my library and my mobile.  I used to have recordings saved I could go see and alerts made to my phone.  I no longer am getting any of these.  I also have a doorbell that will alert but nothing is saving in the Library?  I know Arlo had a free version that you can see your videos and such but I no longer and getting any alerts or videos?  What do I need to do here?  Are the Arlo Pro 2 suddenly needing an expensive upgrade?  Would appreciate any help here.  

I also subscribe to a plan just to get help from actual Arlo person and never got help on this issue at all.  Please Arlo offer some kind of support for your systems. 

Thanks for letting me rant and any help that can be offered!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wuthrich7,

There have been no changes to legacy cameras. If you have Pro or Pro 2 cameras, they still have 7 day cloud recording with no subscription requirements. Your doorbell however does require a subscription to store content to the cloud.

JamesC

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro 2 cams still have the free 7 day plan. The doorbell needs a subscription (single camera is fine) for cloud recordings.

Have you rebooted your base? What have you tried?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wuthrich7,

It sounds like your camera are disarmed. Check the active mode to make sure it's "Armed" and test again to see if you receive recordings.

JamesC

Wuthrich7
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks I have tried this and no avail.  Also have tried restarting base station.  Thanks for follow up. 

Wuthrich7
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried several options,  reset base and cameras. It used to work great!  I would get alerts on my phone and delete from there but now I see nothing.  very frustrated and not heard any response from Arlo at all

Thanks for your help

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wuthrich7,

If you navigate to modes, what do you have selected for the base station?

JamesC

Wuthrich7
Tutor
Tutor

its show doorbell as armed and my base station as unarmed but I have it on a specific schedule to arm automatically.  When it is armed it won't alert me though? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Okay, this would seem to indicate there may be a problem with the schedule. Try switching to the default "Armed" mode and test to see if you get recordings using that mode.

JamesC

Wuthrich7
Tutor
Tutor

I will try but I think it might be related to the plan mode they changed.  I wasn't on a specific plan but recordings were only on my mobile  I think they have discontinued any recordings unless you have a plan now.  Guess I will look to sell and get one that doesn't require a service plan.  Thanks for your help.  Have 3 good cameras and base station for sell anyone!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wuthrich7,

There have been no changes to legacy cameras. If you have Pro or Pro 2 cameras, they still have 7 day cloud recording with no subscription requirements. Your doorbell however does require a subscription to store content to the cloud.

JamesC

Wuthrich7
Tutor
Tutor

That is what I am not getting is the cloud storage?  Is there a way I can activate this again or look at my account?  I am not sure what has happened here?  Where would this setting or information be to check this?  It has me puzzled.  Thanks for your response! 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wuthrich7,

Change your mode from schedule to "Armed" on the base station. Afterwards test your cameras to see if they are recording to the library.

JamesC

Wuthrich7
Tutor
Tutor
Tried this with no luck. Does the wifi network have anything to do with this. I can see the doorbell alerts but not the pro cameras
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wuthrich7,

If you live stream a camera and manually record, does a recording arrive in the library?

JamesC

Wuthrich7
Tutor
Tutor
So I looked at some settings in my armed mode and can now see recordings. I deleted my schedule and made a new one. I will check it tonight to see if it records and follow up tomorrow. Thanks for your help
Wuthrich7
Tutor
Tutor

Big help!  I think were back in action!  Your to be commended on the board!  THanks!

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation