Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 setup opinions?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rscaramelo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Sorry if my search didn't find an old thread answering this.

I just ordered a Pro (not 2) setup with the 4 cameras. I would like to add 1-2 more. Does it need to be the same cameras or could I add something like the Q or the older Arlo camera? I plan on getting the paid cloud service. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro base ( and the original Arlo base ) can use any of the Arlo cameras; Arlo, Pro, and Pro2.

The Q cameras hook directly into your home wif and do not use a base ( but show up on the same app/web prgm as the other cams )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro base ( and the original Arlo base ) can use any of the Arlo cameras; Arlo, Pro, and Pro2.

The Q cameras hook directly into your home wif and do not use a base ( but show up on the same app/web prgm as the other cams )

Morse is faster than texting!
rscaramelo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cool so if I find a great deal on one of the original cameras I'm ok to order that? Also to clarify if I were to buy the Q it wouldn't be part of this setup with the new base I ordered however when I use the app I can see the Q image within the same account? I am not too familiar with the app/web interface yet since I don't have my equipment. Thanks Again.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rscaramelo,

All correct. The Arlo Q will be accessible from the same app but does not connect to the Arlo base station. The Arlo Q will connect via WiFi to your router.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation