Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DarrylW
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am on my second Arlo Pro 2 Three camera system (after sending the first one back) And keep running into the same problem. Everything seems to operate and sync up correctly but when on the app i cannot view the cameras and the messaging on each camera says that I will not be able to view the cameras without an Arlo Smart subscription. I went the route of technical support, where after multiple attempts at troubleshooting, was told that it was an issue with the model because it was purchased on amazon. Well fast forward to my replacement (that was sent from Amazon) and I am dealing with the exact same problem. Looking for some help here
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DarrylW
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I finally figured this out and for the sake of those who suffered as much as I did I want to post what I did:
I completely started from scratch by creating a new account while using google chrome and using a gmail user name. When I started from scratch I did nothing on the app and went with 100% set up on a PC. I can’t begin to guess if it was a compatibility issue with an I phone, using the app for initial set up or it being very picky with what browser you use but I had success following the above process for what it is worth

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

Sorry, I can't help you. Given my experience over the past couple of years, you will be so much happier and better off sending that Arlo system back to Amazon for a refund, then buy a different brand. Arlo has told of problems, no capable customer support (which you have experienced), and every update, they break something else, and it stays broken for months. Save yourself the headache!

DarrylW
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any suggestions? Completely wireless was my selling point. Looking for the same thing if I choose to replace with another brand
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DarrylW wrote:
I am on my second Arlo Pro 2 Three camera system

This is with the Arlo Pro2 cameras (not the newer Pro3s)?

Have you tried accessing the cameras with the web client ( https://my.arlo.com )?

If you get the same error there, can you post a screenshot?

DarrylW
Aspirant
Aspirant
Cannot even get to the cameras on the web client ( opened in safari and chrome) and yes this problem has happened with 2 brand new out of the box arlo pro 2. I have attached the message I get on the cameras when on the app
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DarrylW wrote:
Cannot even get to the cameras on the web client ( opened in safari and chrome) 

What do you see when you log into https://my.arlo.com ?

Are any devices shown (including the base station)?

DarrylW
Aspirant
Aspirant
This pops up when I log in. If I then go to the menu and select the cameras it says that the page is invalid. I have also tried to access it in chrome and it will not do anything
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DarrylW wrote:
This pops up when I log in. If I then go to the menu and select the cameras it says that the page is invalid. I have also tried to access it in chrome and it will not do anything

Can you try this on a PC?

DarrylW
Aspirant
Aspirant
3 of these pop up when I log in on a PC, which is consistent with the app. Incidentally I have tried doing everything through the PC as opposed to my phone and app with the same results
DarrylW
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I finally figured this out and for the sake of those who suffered as much as I did I want to post what I did:
I completely started from scratch by creating a new account while using google chrome and using a gmail user name. When I started from scratch I did nothing on the app and went with 100% set up on a PC. I can’t begin to guess if it was a compatibility issue with an I phone, using the app for initial set up or it being very picky with what browser you use but I had success following the above process for what it is worth
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation