Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Arlopic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have Arlo Pro 2 set for 30 second clips and getting random clips from 3 seconds to over 5 minutes. Seems to miss action between also.

18 REPLIES 18
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Arlopic,

Are you using the default "Armed" mode or custom mode? If you're using custom mode, try re-creating it and setting up the rules again to see if that helps.

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlopic
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just “armed” mode for this system.
Gave up on custom mode for another system. Too complex when I had several cameras that needed on-off-on cycles. Surely a simpler way to program/interface.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to change your rules on "Armed" to set as "Record until activity stops (up to 300 sec)." When your camera does detect motion, try to revert it back to "Record for fixed length of time" to see if that helps.

Kktracy3
Apprentice
Apprentice
Is your camera plugged in? It seems to only be happening when the pro 2 is on AC power. Just battery power should fix your problem but that cuts out your 3 second look back that people want with the pro 2. I have had my camera on ac power for over a year but the problem only started around May. It has to be a firmware issues that technical support can’t figure out.
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes the problem started for me in May as well and only on cameras that have constant AC power.  It was right after the firmware update in May. @JessicaP @JamesC  there are more threads on this topic. 

Arlopic
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, plugged into a “Arlo” power supply. Do not want to bother changing out battery, semi high traffic and do not want to loose the pre-record advantage (& cost) of having the Pro-2.
Rebooting base station helped a bit, about 3/4 are correct set time, the rest a few seconds.
Arlopic
Aspirant
Aspirant
Noticing on some short (cut) clips on playback, the video will play the few seconds (on short clips) and the audio will play the set time. (On some) Others will be just short.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you seeing signs of video corruption in the short files (distorted picture, odd colors)?

mchromiec
Guide
Guide

I have exact same problem with all my 3 cameras. i have it set to record for 120s and every recording will be different. Sometimes the video jumps or speeds up yet the sounds remains normal.

This only happens when cameras are power supplied and not battery supplied.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you are experiencing issues where the recording is still showing random instead of the set length on your Arlo camera after rebooting your camera and/or Base Station, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

mchromiec
Guide
Guide
JessicaP have you been told before that the support team is the most useless team i have ever spoken to? Apart from "have you tried turning it off and back on again" i honestly don't think they have any clue on how things work mechanically or electronically.
For your information i have invested over 11h of my time with the support team. I am no closer to sorting my problem then i was 3-4 months ago.
So what else would you recommend for me given my history with the support team?
alchemist50
Apprentice
Apprentice

I added a Pro 2 to my three-camera Pro system in late August and have the exact same problem, it's only with the Pro 2 camera when it's on AC power.  I've tracked the recordings for 12 days now.  About three percent of the recordings freeze the video (but not audio) at around 11 seconds.  Twenty percent record for random lengths, usually shorter than the defined 120 seconds at which they are set.  I've done all the power cycling, removed cameras and re-synced, removed and re-inserted the battery.  Still continues.

Emailed support ten days ago, no response other than a case #.

The issue is also being discussed on the "About 1/3 of recordings play about 10 seconds and video freezes" conversation.

Trouble_shooter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 2 Camera Recording Random Length.

For this, you can remove the camera from the  Arlo Application and Re-sync it again.

For Removing camera You can Open Arlo Application > Settings > My Devices > Camera > Remove.

Then Remove the Camera battery and re-insert them again.

Sync the camera again.

Now to Go to modes and adjust the recording length according to your choice and save it.

Now Restart the Base station once by going into settings > My Devices > Base station > Restart.

Wait for cameras to come online and check after that.

Thanks.

alchemist50
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've done that exact procedure twice with no improvement.  The base has been power cycled many times.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey mchromiec and alchemist50,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you regarding this.

Cyber2steve
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same problem, and sometimes and sometimes it happens at the critical point when you need to see the video...

rjc_arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
This should not be take off line, pm, call support, etc. Others come here for answers to the exact issues. Why would Arlo not share solutions here? If so, others have to ask the sake question and go through the same effort. What's the logic?
Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation