Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
yannus
Follower
Follower

I'm able to login on website but not through Android app.  When I get into Desktop website, it shows "Database service is currently down".  Been doing this since about 8A CST.  I'm still in the return period.  How frequently does this happen and for how long?  Every 2-3 months, weeks, etc?  It's not too late for me to return this and wait until your service becomes avail.  I'd hate to pay for a subscription that's broken...

After I'm able to login, none of my devices or library items are displayed!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue has been corrected. For updates and more info on what happened, please visit this thread in the Arlo Community.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Stories/Arlo-Service-Down-Temporarily-Unable-to-Login/m-p/1521...

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.

View solution in original post

66 REPLIES 66
travismarty
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I try to  login it says arlo might be open in another browser. pls help. no other browser is open, i reset base and modem, also my pc.

rhanson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here on PC. Phone app doesn't work either. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

database issues, will be fixed soon

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Sorry Arlo database currently down. Is anybody else seeing this message I did the update on the app and now I can't log in
Adam85282
Guide
Guide
Down for me. I'm getting "Arlo is currently down, please try again later"
CJR81
Tutor
Tutor
I got the same messege. Not sure what’s going on. This is discouraging to not be able to see your camera feed at all. Even if the database is offline, you should have the ability to see your feed from the cameras. This is not good Netgear.
Jeep306
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are sorry, the database service is currently down. Please try again.

I'm in Texas and tried calling customer servivce and nobody is anserwing.

Frustrated!!!

jcrichardson
Initiate
Initiate

Same here, databse services down, unable to contact support. Have had Arlo Pro 2 for literally one day what a waste.

MissouriCity
Initiate
Initiate

I agree. 

poloka
Guide
Guide

Yup, I'm getting the same message of "We are sorry, the database service is currently down.  Please try again".  Its quite annoying because I also can't disable my system but somehow getting hundreds of notifications that there is motion.  

PeetS
Guide
Guide

poor service from such an expensive highend system.. I tried to call them but was on hold for 45 minutes. No service outage communications? Was this planned maintenance? Do they have redundency?

Lstudio
Star
Star
Agreed and extremely disappointed. Camera feed should still be controlled and viewed internally and not dependent on a third party’s network. I wonder if it’s due to the storm in the NE US. I can understand the cloud recording being hampered if lines go down (although with CDNs and multiple routes it still should be up) but to handicap my system due to a remote problem is unacceptable. There is absolutely no reason for this.
aolsystems
Tutor
Tutor
yeah i am also seeing that right now. i cannot access my camera. and also saying arlo is database offline including my arlo base.
Jaylm1869
Initiate
Initiate
I’m now at the point where I’m just going to take the $1000 loss and scrap this whole system. Completely unacceptable “Arlo is offline try again later”. I’ll be sure and tell that to the people roaming neighborhoods in the northeast looking to burglarize homes after the nor’easter. Hey guys, can you come back later when my Arlo decides to work again!
poloka
Guide
Guide

I finally got through on the phone and was told to check back in "5 - 6 hours" and that they are doing some upgrade.  Stressed this is unacceptable for a security system that we paid for and that management and engineering should be notified to my dissatisfaction.  This is absolutely ridiculous.

Donajean56
Guide
Guide

ARLO HAS AN OUTAGE IN MILAN, TN!

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired
Dear Arlo customer,

We are aware of an issue where our ARLO customers are temporarily unable to login into their account. ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

Stay tuned!

Best regards,
The Arlo Team
____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
FamilyInFla
Star
Star

Nothing but dissatisfaction for this company! So many problems with a system that is less than 2 years old. Have sent back 3 out of 5 cameras for various reasons and made the mistake of purchasing the Arlo Pro, sound and audio. Now cannot turn off the system and getting unnecessary notifications.  HATE this company!!!!

Lstudio
Star
Star
This is really stupid. Seriously Netgear, make it so that our cameras and base stations are not entirely dependent on YOUR network connection to operate on a basic functional level. This is a software issue (I speculate most likely to protect your financial model against third-party software for recording) and not hardware-related. Really uncalled for.
SCV_user
Initiate
Initiate
I was alerted at 5:30am pst from my front door cam and Arlo is down so I couldn't watch my feed or retrieve the motion capture. I am tremendously frustrated and have not been able to rest since. This is a dangerous outage! I live very close to NETGEAR HQ
Lstudio
Star
Star
Here’s two analogies:

1. You buy a $80k Tesla. However you can’t start the car because it cannot connect to the Internet... ***facepalm***

2. You buy a smart fridge. However your fridge stops working because it can’t connect to the Internet. ***facepalm***

Am I right???
sts4ever
Initiate
Initiate

so is it an opprtunity if the burglars  . . .

Lstudio
Star
Star
Not just burglars. I have a Protection from Harassment Order (a form of restraining order) from the court against a neighbor that’s short a few cards from a full deck....
AngeloM
Arlo Employee Retired

We are aware of an issue where our Arlo customers are temporarily unable to login into their account. The Arlo team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please stay tuned.