Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 quality for 1080 is not clear. Am I missing something?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
EPOC
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’ve just received and installed my Arlo’s Pro 2 wiring for my two exterior cameras so I can enjoy crisp videos ...... such as reading the license plates to the creeps that use my private circle driveway to turn around instead of a 3 point turn, even better to be able to get better details of the person walking on my property ..... but 😢😡 NO! ......

After many test, laying boxes with crisp large print and comparing with wire connection and without (a simple flip of a switch) ...... absolutely no difference 😢😡 ......

Now when hooked up, the app does indicate its connected and charging, zoning is enable .... BUT image clarity  is not all all what I expected to receive ....... (really guys, I’ve ran many test with both cameras and I cannot see a difference)

PLEASE HELP ..... am I missing something?

5 REPLIES 5
GrandMesa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the same problem, there's no way that these cameras are 1080. I've tried having them plugged in right next to the base station as well as my router and modem and there was no increase in quality. I feel duped. 

NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Colour profile is out and there is a sweet spot range but there’s some good YouTube videos where people show the clarity at different distances and some compare other cameras with each other. 

Not the sharpest or cleanest image which I think could be better.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera is 1080p - you can see that if you download a video and check the resolution in the player (or with mediainfo).

But the quality is limited by the low bit rate used in the compression.  The Ultra does stream at a higher rate (and of course is 4K).

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do, other than try for a camera placement that's closer to the cars.

EPOC
Apprentice
Apprentice

......”But the quality is limited by the low bit rate used in the compression.”........

I understand that, however I was expecting a difference (even at least a little) there’s absolutely no difference at all ..... I also feel scammed .....

I was hoping I was forgetting to reset something ...... I now realize I was just being scammed ..... well I guess I just won’t have to charge those cameras 

GrandMesa
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's really too bad, I did check on my videos and they are 1080p so they can advertise it as such, but then the bitrate on the video tops out at 1600kb/s . That's rediculous, the bitrate should be 3x that. Live and learn I guess.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation