Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 power source outside

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
7shelly
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm getting Ready to purchase my first Arlo pro 2 set with two cameras. I have researched for several months and tried to educate myself before the purchase. I do however need guidance on using a power source outside. It will plug in on the inside of my home, but the cord will run outside through a drilled hole in the wall, up to the camera. I need to know what to buy as I think the kit only contains one power cord. And, is there anything else I need to purchase with the 2 camera set that's not included? Thank you so much!

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Sounds like you will just need cables from the adapter to the cameras. Maybe a second adapter to deliver power to the second camera. Is that the idea? Both cameras on permanent power?

The micro-USB input on the cameras will not take any old cable. It comes with a flat end that maintains a watertight seal. Other messages suggest that you need to ensure that whatever you use to mount the camera does not get in the way of the USB port.

Given how much the cameras cost, when ti comes to cables and mounts Arlo's own "spares" may make sense.

As you have already taken time to consider the purchase, you could just wait for the cameras to arrive before making any decisions on extras.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
7shelly
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks so much. I was wondering why nobody had answered me, but the email notification was in spam. Ugh!
I'm not sure what you mean by "adapter". Is the power cord that comes with it, water proof? And, it comes with 2 mounts included it said in the description.
I currently have a defender wireless set up with a monitor. I love the monitor. I can sit in my recliner and see around my house. It's only issue is the picture quality and night vision is not the best. But I love the monitor and hate to give that up. I'm disabled and being able to see outside is so helpful to me. I appreciate all your help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The adapter is the part that plugs into the wall. If used outdoors, it needs to be waterproof. The cable ends also need to have seals to water doesn't get into the connections.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation