Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 power cables

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
formsguy
Tutor
Tutor
Do the new Arlo Pro 2 cameras all come with a power cable for each of the 4 cameras in the kit?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JimmyHLin
Arlo Employee Retired

for the 4 cam kit, it comes with 1 indoor power cable, 1 power adapter.  You do get 4 replaceable, rechargeable batteries.  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Streak2
Master Master
Master
JimmyHLin
Arlo Employee Retired

for the 4 cam kit, it comes with 1 indoor power cable, 1 power adapter.  You do get 4 replaceable, rechargeable batteries.  

formsguy
Tutor
Tutor
How do I get additional cables for the other 3 cameras? I would want all 4 indoor plugged in.
doczenith1
Apprentice
Apprentice

formsguy wrote:
How do I get additional cables for the other 3 cameras? I would want all 4 indoor plugged in.

For the actual cable any quality micro usb cable will work just fine.  For the power brick I think a standard 5V 1A charger will work to power the camera but do some searching on this site to verify.  I know for charging the battery you need a Quick Charge 2 capable charger as it needs the 9V mode to fully charge the battery. 

formsguy
Tutor
Tutor

I'm just talking about the power cable that allows you to run the Arlo Pro 2 without battery.  Would still want it to connect to the base station via wifi, so not referring to the micro USB cable.   Why can I not order additional power cables through arlo when I purchase my system, if I want to run all 4 cameras via power not battery?   But I still want them all talking to the base station via wifi.   Is this possible?  I'm interested in buying the 4 camera Arlo Pro 2 system, but am not going to do so unless I can operate all 4 cameras as plugged in to wall outlet, and communicating via wifi to the base station.

Please advise!

doczenith1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am talking about the power cable.  The power cable from Arlo is just a normal micro usb cable.  The data connection for the camera is via wifi regardless of whether you power it with battery or usb cable.  It's up to you if you want to use the Arlo branded usb cable or purchase a different brand.  I also don't know how long the Arlo branded cable is but with other brands you can pick and choose the cable length that best fits your situation.

And to reiterate my statement in the earlier post about the power supply/brick.  If only using the power supply to run the camera any old 5V usb charger should work. To be safe look for bricks that supply 2 amps instead of the normal 1 amp.

Sample cable: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-USB-Male-Micro-Cable/dp/B01EK87T9M

Sample 2.4 amp charger:  https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Charger-COMPACT-Foldable-Samsung/dp/B06XHG7R8P

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The USB cable has nothing to do with the WiFi connection between the base and cameras.  It's used only for power.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation