Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Stroodle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Posted this question about a week ago but did not see it ever hit the board.  I'll try again.  My Arlo Pro 2 system has been working great.  I check my recordings online regularly but not the storage device that I added to the back of the hub.  Recently we had an internet outage for 4 days.  I was curious about the recordings and I knew that they wouldn't be saved in the Cloud storage - obviously!!!  I safely removed my storage device and plugged it into my computer and found that I had every video clip, from original day until present, on this device (a 32g stick).  All the videos where full length, as I had seen on my cloud storage, up until the internet outage.  From that point on, only 1 or 2 seconds of video would record.  Why is that?  Is there a setting I am missing?  I reinserted my storage device and after 4 days when my internet was restored, I checked the storage device again and found that it was recording full length videos again.  Nothing changed other than the internet connection had been restored.  Seems bad if I lose internet I will also lose ability to record events!

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
I believe there’s a number of threads already describing the same issue.
I myself have observed the same with powered cameras and level 2 support told me they are aware and are working on it.
The I workaround i suggest is to remove external power from the cameras so that you get full length recordings when the internet drops out. Unsure what is taking so long for a fix as the problem has been around for sometime.
To help speed up a fix it would not hurt to contact support and open a case number.
Stroodle
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks Dannybear.  I will see about creating a case.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation