Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2, need help setting up this particular setup

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
iceman650
Follower
Follower

Recently purchased an Arlo Pro 2 system and I'm having a hard time setting this up properly. I have a 2 camera system. Both are placed to be used wireless (battery power). One is placed pointed at a common area outside my apartment. This camera I want motion recording at all times but I don't want alerts for it. It's not important to me to know everytime someone walks on the grass to walk their dog but if something ever happens in this area I want to be able to go back into the recorded video and watch what happened. Second camera is placed inside my home and I want it to also motion record at all times but send me alerts when I'm not home. I don't want alerts when I get home or when I'm walking around in my own home. What's the best setup for this? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@iceman650 wrote:

Recently purchased an Arlo Pro 2 system and I'm having a hard time setting this up properly. I have a 2 camera system. Both are placed to be used wireless (battery power). One is placed pointed at a common area outside my apartment. This camera I want motion recording at all times but I don't want alerts for it. It's not important to me to know everytime someone walks on the grass to walk their dog but if something ever happens in this area I want to be able to go back into the recorded video and watch what happened. Second camera is placed inside my home and I want it to also motion record at all times but send me alerts when I'm not home. I don't want alerts when I get home or when I'm walking around in my own home. What's the best setup for this? Thanks!

You will want to use Geofencing and have two modes...one for Home and one for Away.  Add rules for each camera and set up the recording and notifications as appropriate for each camera and mode.  For interior cameras, you likely want to disable both recordings and notifications when you are home, but you know best.  Also, you can use a schedule to disable motion recording during the evening when you are awake, but enable them when you are normally asleep if desired.  Arlo modes and rules are really flexible.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQs here on best camera positioning as well as how to create and modify modes and rules. This would include the ability to disable alerts but still record.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@iceman650 wrote:

You will want to use Geofencing and have two modes...one for Home and one for Away.  Add rules for each camera and set up the recording and notifications as appropriate for each camera and mode.  For interior cameras, you likely want to disable both recordings and notifications when you are home, but you know best.  Also, you can use a schedule to disable motion recording during the evening when you are awake, but enable them when you are normally asleep if desired.  Arlo modes and rules are really flexible.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation