Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
RickDizzle
Star
Star
I set up my new motion zones per the mew updated now that motion zones are supported without having to have AC power. I am finding that the camera is still picking up motion well outside of an assigned zone. Why is it picking this up when I have 1 zone assigned and it should only be hitting motion in this zone. Lastly I just got a notification saying my motion zone has been disabled due to not having AC power input. I thought the whole update was to allow us to have motion on battery power not having to have AC power. What am I missing here?
28 REPLIES 28
russ858
Initiate
Initiate

I'm frustrated with Netgear in that I feel they want to not only sell you an expensive camera system but then decide to remove features so that you have to contribute to a monthly fee service.  Zones were the main reason for purchasing Arlo...  what will be next...  charging your customers to see their videos... As a customer I'm concerned that Netgear is more concerned about finding ways to charge customers for Zone services which should be part of the software.  Give Zones back to your customers for Free!!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RickDizzle wrote:
Shayne,
Are you saying if we just use the battery we should be able to use motion zones? If so ill reboot all my system and see.

You can if the camera is on the smart subscription.

Note that when you just use the battery then the recording is still streamed to the cloud every time motion is detected (whether it is in the zone or not).  The cloud then figures out if the motion was in the zone - and only stores recordings when it was.  The others are dropped.

So while this is an effective way to control the number of recordings and notifications, it will not improve your battery life.

Ccmnurse
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here,... #“Me Too Arlo” movement
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ccmnurse

Can you please provide a little more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Discussion stats