Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 loosing charge quickly

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Porta59
Aspirant
Aspirant

My 3 Arlo Pro 2's have been starting to behave strangely. They loose their charge very quickly.
When charging the blue light starts to flash and after it's steady blue. Tha app says 100%. However, one of the cameras went from 100 % to 72% after 24 hours. The next one from 100% to 88% overnight, the third is charging right now. This just happened, previously they lasted a couple of months. I haven't changed anything in the settings, they are all on optimized in the video settings.

BR
Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Porta59
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your input.

After a restart of the base station it seems to be OK again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
Do you have a subscription tied to your system?
If so it might be that something has changed server side and forcing the camera’s to constantly stream and using up the battery.
If not then the base station you may need a factory reboot that will wipe everything and have you start fresh. Check the faqs before doing this first.

You can also try the usual camera wipe from the settings, and reload them back. Resetting the base station, re power the base etc.

Alternatively you can go for support.

Porta59
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thx for you answer.

No subscription.

I will try the resets you are mentioning.

Concerning support, it seems like they really are doing their best to make it as difficult as possible to reach them

Dannybear
Master
Master
There is a drop down menu for country phone numbers on the support page, you need to drill in to another support page to see it.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Click on Cotact Support at the bottom here and again on the 2nd page. The 3rd page has the contact info.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Porta59
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your input.

After a restart of the base station it seems to be OK again.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation